Og Xbox games on Xbox 360 rgh

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Faus88, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Faus88

Faus88 New Member

Hello everyone.

I have a Jasper Xbox 360 with RGH with an original 250 GB hdd . Everything seems to work just fine except for original Xbox games.

I've run the partition fixer and have compatibility files from Mathielu (the one with the working guide button, I think they're from November 2018).

All the games I've tried freeze after five minutes of game. If I stay in the menus they usually keep running fine, but when I try to start playing I can't do it for more than 3 to 5 minutes. After they freeze sometimes I can hit the guide button and the menu pops up but freezes anyway and the next step is to turn off the console with the power button.

When I turn on the console again it takes about 10 to 15 minutes to boot to FSD.

The games I've tried are Timesplitters 2 and 3, Morrowind (both regular and goty versions) and Land of the Dead. They all boot normally, with the twitching on the logo screen indicating the hacked files are working. The only game I can play as it supposed to is American McGee's Scrapland.

Thanks for your help.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Does your console always take 10-15 mins to boot to FSD, that doesn't seem right to me.

However out of all the games you have tried only one is in theory supported (Morrowind). What about if you try games official supported such as Halo? do these crash: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Although the hacked backwards compatibility allows other games to load many of them crash / don't work 100% perfectly.

Faus88 likes this.
  3. Faus88

Faus88 New Member

Thanks for your reply.

No, FSD boots right after the Xbox 360 logo when I power on my console. It takes about 30 to 40 seconds in total I guess.

I will try with Brute Force, it doesn't show any error on the list attached.

4. Faus88

Faus88 New Member

I moved my games to a USB stick (thought it was necessary to play them from an original HDD) andp Scarface: the world is yours yesterday. It played well during the prologue but got stuck when saving the game.
    Tonight I'm gonna try The Thing or Morrowind. Let's see what happens.