please help, i bricked my xbox

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by damiandc, May 4, 2016.

1. damiandc

damiandc New Member

hi everyone, first of all, thanks for taking the time with this.

long story short:
    i got to update my RGHed xbox so that I could use my kinect, in that process I lost the dashlaunch and the freestyle, so i decided to try to get those back on.
    i got to install xex menu and when i tried to copy dashlaunch again i not only failed to do so but i erased the dash.xex file in the flash of my xbox (it doesnt have a HD).

as soon as i restarted the xbox i got the initial animation but then... red dot of death.
    i know the problem is that file that's missing but I have no idea now to get back in the flash and put it back on... if I happed to have a dash.xex.

Is there a way to reset my xbox so that I could re-update it or something?
    Reading around I saw that this software might be an option, but as you can see, Im not very good at hacking consoles.

Hope you can help. thanks a lot!
    DC

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

What happens when you power the console on with the eject button? are you still able to access Xell? (screen with a purple background) if so then you can re flash a backup (i presume you have one) from before you tried to update.

If so then i'd suggest following my tutorial to update here: Xbox 360 Jtag or RGH Hack Easy Update.