PS3 Problem

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by KillerWhiteMan, Mar 11, 2010.

1. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

So the other day I was playing my God of War Collection disc and ran into a problem. While I was playing, I noticed that as I progressed in a part of the level, some parts hadn't loaded. When I start up the system, it sometimes won't read the disc inside. When I place the disc in the system, it will sound like it's reading it, but then nothing. It reads sometimes, but for the most part, it doesn't. I'm assuming something is wrong with the laser in the disc drive. What do you guys think? The system is still under warranty so I may just send it in, but I would rather not have to if I can fix it myself since God of War III is right around the corner.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If the disc is clean which i'm amusing then yes get it fixed under warranty, Blu-ray drives can be pretty expensive so I would get it fixed under warranty if you can.

Its nothing you could really fix yourself without voiding the warranty.

3. KillerWhiteMan

Ya I would not want to try anything that would void the warranty. I requested a repair from Sony, so all I'm waiting on is the box to come so I can send it in.

4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Do you have the latest updates on the PS3 installed? I know Blu-Ray has that upgraded disc which makes it hold even more memory, not really sure if these are used as standard discs now but I believe that the PS3 has an update just to make it be more compatible with those discs, though you'd think that it would be on the disc. Also it could be just some dust, tried a can of air? Obviously don't apply too much pressure if you do.

5. ahsing

ahsing Well-Known Member

Did you try any other games on your PS3?

6. KillerWhiteMan

Yes I keep the PS3 constantly updated with the latest system software. I have tried a few different games and still run into the same problem. I may try the air can to see if it is in fact dust, but I keep the area very clean. At this point, I might just send it in to Sony since they already sent out the box I requested.