PSP2003 - ver. 6.61 - "this game cannot be started. the data is corrupted."

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Renji, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Renji

Renji New Member

Hello guys, I have a little problem with running any emulators on my PSP. I tried to run gpSP and NesterJ but unfortunately I got a pop up saying "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted.". I decided to sort this out by installing custom firmware; https://digiex.net/guides-reviews/c...y-psp-psp-psp-slim-psp-3000-psp-go-e1000.html <- that's a tutorial I have been following. I tried to run PRO-C Updater but... My PSP turns off. After running it I had exactly same thing on the screen as when I'm turning my console off. After that, the screen goes black and the console turns off. When I turn it on and go to the system information, it still says "version 6.61", no changes, and also the emulators don't work as previously.
    Help! :(

2. Renji

Renji New Member

I forgot to tell you about one thing; my brother's PSP (2003 as well as mine) with 6.00 ran all the emulators without putting any custom firmware; all I did was moving the emulator folder tot he PSP\GAME and it worked perfectly.

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Unless you made the custom firmware permanent you need to run the fast recovery app every time you power the PSP on.

As for the emulators you could have old versions which only work on 1.50, you could try getting the emulators from the Download PSP Emulator Pack - 30/12/14 and see if that helps.

4. Renji

Renji New Member

Thank you, I got it working. Your advice really helped. Cheers!