Question about old Pokemon Distribution event downloads through ROM

Discussion in 'Computer and Gadget Help Center' started by PokémonTrainerKate, Jun 6, 2018.

1. PokémonTrainerKate

PokémonTrainerKate Member

I ran across some ways to download old Pokemon distribution events (Like download events that were at Gamestop) Example I found:

https://digiex.net/threads/pokemon-...achi-distribution-nds-rom-download-usa.14980/

I really have no experience with trying something like this before.

1. Does this actually work?

2. Does it have the potential of messing up/corrupting my game data? (Is it safe?)

3. Could I do this with the old original ds (phat) and a New Nintendo 3ds? Does it make a difference?

4. What flashcard would you recommend me buying? (A Link would be helpful)
    5.Do all ROM data distribution things like this use the same type of software/data or can it be slightly different? (Is the process always the same?)

6. A Step by Step guide would be useful to see if I can even do something like this because I'm not super computer/technology savy and I have no clue about how to do this. I'm literally completely clueless but this sounds AWESOME!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

1. Yes it works, these are the same distributions used at events many years ago

2. Your game will receive the event the exact same way as it would have years ago by going to the distribution event, its safe.

3. Yes you can do it with any DS / 3DS console

4. The R4i Gold 3DS Plus would be a good card to use, buy from NDS-Card and use PayPal to pay. Shipping from NDS-Card in China to myself in the UK took about 14 days.

5. The process is pretty much the same for all DS distributions, set the time on the DS that will be distributing, depending on the Pokemon you wish to distribute (this is detailed on the download page here). Load your game on the other DS and recicve the event.

6. If you can copy a file on to an SD card and place that in the flashcard you can do this, i'm sure we can help you if not however. Once you have learned how to use your flashcard its really easy.

3. PokémonTrainerKate

1. Do you have a recommendation of a SD card? Should any type of SD card work? (I know some have a faster processing speed than others for example)
    2. Do I need like a sd that is a micro sd or something that comes with a adapter for it it work with the R4i Gold 3DS Plus?

4. InsaneNutter

1. I have a SanDisk Ultra 16 GB microSDHC Class 10 in mine. Any Micro SD or SDHC card should work for these distributions however it never hurts to have a fast one. SanDisk are a good make and 16gb Class 10 cards are cheap these days.

2. You get a card reader with the flash card I linked to which works fine, however if its any use I have a Anker USB 3.0 4-Slot Card Reader which I use for various different memory cards.

5. PokémonTrainerKate

1. Approximately do you know how GB of memory one Pokemon Distribution event takes?
    2. Can I download and store multiple distribution events at a time to use on the same sd card?
    3. Are there GBA Pokemon distribution event data you can find and download on the internet?
    4.If there is Pokemon distribution data you can find for the GBA does it require different software/memory cards? (Again what would you recommend)
    5. I'm also interested in maybe some Pokemon (gamecube distribution events but I think that gets even more complicated with the equipment I would need but do you know of a place on this community or somewhere else online I could request someone to possibly download and trade Pokemon from a game cube and eventually trade to Pokemon SUN/MOON
    Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it. :) Sorry more questions keep popping up.... I'm hoping I stop thinking soon... lol

6. InsaneNutter

@PokémonTrainerKate

1. Around 8mb, so you could get well over 100 distributions on a 1gb Micro SD card. Needless to say not much space is required to store everything we have.
    2. Yes you can load anything from the flash card, organised by files / folders
    3. Yes, browse all the Pokemon Content we have here on Digiex, we have quite a lot. We have 4x Pokemon GBA Event Distributions. You do need a GBA flash card for these, 2x GBA's, a GBA link cable and 2x wireless adaptors depending on which distribution you wish to use.
    4. Yes our Pokemon GEN3 Legit Event Pokemon Save once you have your Nintendo DS flash card you can write that save game to a Pokemon Fire Red game cartridge and trade the event Pokemon to any of your other GBA Pokemon games.
    5. Anything from the GameCube distributions can be found in the save game linked to with question 4. above. The easiest way to use the GameCube stuff is on a Wii with the Homebrew channel installed, however at this point that is not something i'd worry about. You already have access to so many past event distributions by just using a DS flash card.

7. PokémonTrainerKate

1. Is there a place here I can go to request past event Pokemon that you can't get from game cart. rom distributions? (like for example the WiFi distributioned Pikachu's with the different hats) Is it safe to have a cloned pokemon on your game if its from a online distrubution event? (Like can you use it for online battles safetly) Is it just as same as ROM pokemon in that way?

2. Do all the distrubutions work on a american game/system? (Are they region locked?)

3. Which GBA flashcard would you recommend?
    4. I assume the GBA flashcard worked work fine with the SanDisk Ultra 16 GB microSDHC Class 10

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  8. InsaneNutter

1. Anything like WiFI distributions you can inject the wondercard in to your save game to obtain the event the same as if the wonder card has been obtained from an Nintendo WiFi event. ProjectPokemon have archived the vast majority of these.

2. All the distributions here work with English Pokemon games, region doesn't matter.

3. Already linked to it in the previous post, the R4i Gold 3DS Plus will work on any DS / 3DS console.

4. Yes it should work fine with that, I used a SanDisk Ultra 16 GB that i purchased many years ago now.

9. PokémonTrainerKate

1.Do Rom distribution files ever use data sharing or any type of files that can be tracked with who downloaded it?

2.Then on a unrelated note do you know how a amiibo card reader works with amiibo (Which I heard is kinda the same time of concept . Like downloading and using amiibo data without having any of the actual amiibo

Any idea how that works or what I would need to purchase? Or where I can find specific amiibo data to download? Any recommendations?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  10. InsaneNutter

1. No DS distributions use local peer to peer wireless only. You'd also struggle to connect the DS to any modern WiFi contention regardless, even if you did Nintendo's servers for the DS have been offline for years now.

2. The only thing I really know about that is if you have an Android Phone with NFC you can write to blank NFC tags with an app called TagMo. So if you can find downloads of NFC data dumped from Amiibos you could likely make your own using an Android phone. It's not something i've ever done though and it's not something we will provide downloads for on Digiex, Amiibo's are sold by Nintendo, Pokemon distributions / events never were never sold, only distributed for free.

11. PokémonTrainerKate

InsaneNutter
    1. Do you know what the difference between these flashcarts are?

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
    (The one you showed me with the red words on the flashcart label)

VS.

http://www.ds-cart.net/en/r4i-gold/8-r4i-gold-3ds-for-3ds-dsi-dsl.html
    (This one looks like it might be a newer model and has green words on the flashcart label and I can find it on several other websites, but the one you showed me is a completely different story)

2. Should either one work with a New Nintendo 3ds and the old original phat 3ds model?

I don't know what to do because on Thursday I went to order the card from https://www.nds-card.com and use paypal like you recommended but on their website they said something like if you would like to pay with paypal after placing your order please contact us at bengbengxiao@gmail.com. (Its like what good does that do if you ask me for for my paypal info officially after I have placed my order..... It's like what good would that do?!.....

I decided to take the risk and make the order anyway without paypal because I wasn’t sure what to do because I only saw the R4i Gold “red worded labled cart” that you recommended ONLY on the https://www.nds-card.com site and I thought well InsaneNutter didn't mention any other websites or options so this might be the only option.....

It's been almost 6 days since I made my order and I haven't received a confirmation of payment email yet. (Which they said confirmation would be sent within 24 hours)

I tried looking up my order number on their website but it keeps saying we can't find any orders/ tracking information.
    I tried emailing them on Monday from their website but I haven't received an response back.

3. I was wondering do you specifically remember your experience when ordering from them?

Like I have had some past experiences for example when I have ordered things from websites where it's like why did I never receive a confirmation email or my stuff by now....three weeks later forgetting you made a order you get a package at your door and it's like oh what's this?........ OH THIS IS THE THING I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! HOORAY! I completely forgot about this!

4. 4.Do you have any advice on what you think I should do?
    I haven't seen any charges on my bank account yet but it's still making me nervous.......

I sincerely appreciate all your help Insane Nutter

12. InsaneNutter

The R4i Gold 3DS Plus is a newer version with a switch for ntrboothax.

The R4i Gold 3DS RTS is an older version without a switch to enable ntrboothax.

Ntrboothax allows the cart to be used to install custom Firmware on the 3DS. Then when you disable the ntrboothax mode you can use it as a normal DS flash card. Either is fine for what you want, both can also be used to hack a 3DS if you want to do that in the future, the R4i Gold 3DS Plus just makes the process easier.

You can use any website, I have used nds-card so recommended them based on personal experience. Just be aware theirs a lot of R4 clones with timebombs out there which means they don't function after a certain date. The card I linked you to on NDS-Card won't have any problems like that.

In regards to Payment they don't have the PayPal checkout on their website as Paypal do not allow you to sell Flashcards / Modchips via PayPal. Thats why they want you to email them after you have placed the order and they will send you back the email address to make the PayPal payment to. I've done that twice and my order was confirmed and shipped within 24 hours of sending Payment via PayPal.

If you used your credit / debit card the bank probably declined payment for your protection as it would be a "suspicious" transaction making a payment to someone in China. Personally i'd only ever use Paypal on a site like that.

The best advice I can give you is check your online banking and see if any payment has gone out (presuming you paid by card), then contact NDS-Card by email after that. If no Payment has gone out message them and ask if you can pay via PayPal.