Questions about transfering 20GB OEM to 250GB Hacked

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by mtrivs, Jan 10, 2011.

1. mtrivs

mtrivs New Member

Hey guys, I am going to be following the tutorial on flashing a 250GB drive to work with the 360. I have a question or 2 first:

1. After i flash the 250 drive and restore partition 2 with Hoffmans partition 2 the drive should be readable from the 360 after I format it through the 360, right?

2. Is there any problem using Hoffmans partition 2 as opposed to using the partition 2 from my 20GB OEM drive?

3. Is it possible to use a flash drive to copy my saves, profiles, ex. as described here instead of using xplorer360?

Thank you for all your help and patience!:)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. Rick

Rick Moderator

1.Yes

2.No

3.That's what i did with a 8gb flash drive and it didn't take long to do.It took maybe around 20min to do it.Don't transfer the installed games(6gb) because that takes forever to copy to flash drive.

3. mtrivs

mtrivs New Member

Thanks for the help!

One more question:

I have a RAID array set up on my hard disk, so i dont know if i will be able to boot to windows with my hacked 250GB attached. After hddhackr creates partitions 0/2/3 will I still need to hex edit in order to create partition 0?

Thanks again!

4. Rick

Rick Moderator

You don't need to hex edit the drive if you created the partition 0/2/3 using hddhackr

I'm not sure about the raid array.
    If you have a transfer cable you can use that to transfer data/partition 2 emulator if you want,thats what i did, but if you dont have that use any type of sata to usb enclosure or cable and it will work with xplorer

5. mtrivs

mtrivs New Member

Thanks! I was able to flash and transfer the drive with no problems using hoffmans partition 2 and a usb flash drive!

I found that the RAID array was only set for certain ports in the BIOS so i was able to restore using xplorer.

Thank you for all your help!