Refresh metang Pokemon GX Demo

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Lexi, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Lexi

Lexi Elite Member

Acording to this video a refresh metang was given out in a Pokemon GX demo. It seems like nearly every demo disk has been dumped. Has this demo been dumped anywhere? I was suprised that this site didn't have it considering all the other demos that are here. https://www.serebii.net/events/dex/375.shtml seems to have some more info about it.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I found and finished the US demo on Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 33, however at no point did it ever offer me a Metang:

upload_2023-2-19_15-12-35.png

However, I did some more research it seems this was the JPN demo only: Pokémon Festa 2005 (Tokyo, Japan) – Filb.de

With that in mind i'm now downloading the JPN demo discs to see if I can find the demo on any of them.

If you want to download these demos and also have a look through I found found them all here, search for demo at the top: https://myrient.erista.me/files/Redump/Nintendo - GameCube - NKit RVZ [zstd-19-128k]/

AlamosIT likes this.
  3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Having watched the video on the Pokemon Festa 2005 page linked to above you actually get the Metang distributed at a booth and not via the demo.

This looks to be a GBA distribution that sends a multiboot across:

refresh-metang-jpn-distribution-2.png

refresh-metang-jpn-distribution-1.png

I guess it would be still fun to figure out what disc the JPN demo is on, however i'm not expecting it to distribute a Metang sadly.

Edit - The JPN demo is on the following discs:

Gekkan Nintendo Tentou Demo 2005.8.1 (Japan)
    Gekkan Nintendo Tentou Demo 2005.9.1 (Japan)

Its the same as the US demo, just in Japanese.

upload_2023-2-19_16-14-15.png

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
  4. Lexi

Lexi Elite Member

Thank you guys for the research looks like its just a dead end as far as using the demo to distribute Metang. Still useful info guys. Sadly its not like the demo disk that gave out character chao for SA1&2.

5. UndeadxReality

UndeadxReality Active Member

Nah it's not the end of the line yet lol. We have to remember, the demo and the distribution were two separate pieces of the overall event. We have the demo, now we just have to wait a little longer to get it's distribution!

6. Lexi

Lexi Elite Member

If someone has the technical know how they could deep dive into the demo to see if the metang was ever planned to be given out on the demo. Similar to how bonus disk celebi was hidden deep inside both international colloseum and colloseums wishmaker bonus disk.

7. UndeadxReality

UndeadxReality Active Member

From what I'm seeing, there's no multiboot file in the demo

8. AlexSotoM

AlexSotoM Member

Will you also release this event in your distribution roms? I guess we'll have to wait longer for you to release them, right?