Resurrect Xbox 360 Xenon's 16MB NAND with a SAMSUNG Mem Stick Duo Pro 128/64MB NAND?

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by ZimHB123, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ZimHB123

ZimHB123 Well-Known Member

OK, so my cousin tried to JTAG his Xenon with an LPT port and failed to flash xbr.bin into his NAND. He cleared the SMC for 30 seconds and tried to boot it up. No sign of power is showing on his ROL and won't boot at all. Now, he tried to short of the pins on the NAND 5 times and the first time it seemed that he busted the NAND since now the power brick won't turn red. I tried reballing it and reading it with some tool I had bought from my local electronics store and the NAND doesn't respond. Now the question, can I flash a raw SAMSUNG mem stick NAND and heat it into the Xbox?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Im guessing a dual nand chip would fix it as you could boot of the nand from the chip and not the console, or if you have another totally dead console with a 16mb nand you could take the nand from that console.

I dont know if a nand from a memory stick would though.

3. ZimHB123

Is there a not-so-expensive Dual-NAND chip for Xenon? I've been looking everywhere for one below $59 and have had luck, but they are usually off stock or discontinued. I'll take a look again around forums and modchip retailers.

4. ZimHB123

My LPT detects the nand now, but gets this error:
    Error:8001 erasing block ###
    Error:FFFFFFFF erasing block ###
    Error: 0 erasing block ###

What cmd should i use to erase nand?