Stress Test/Temp & Fan Monitor homebrew app??

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by BlockABoots, Sep 27, 2012.

1. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Is there a homebrew app where you can stress test the 360 and see what temps the CPU, GPU and Memory get to when the 360 is....under stress? As i am trying to figure out what settings to set the fan at in dashlaunch, atm i have the fan to kick in when

CPU 60c
    GPU 58c
    MEM 56c

but the fan seem very audible more or less after 5 mins of gameplay. When i have my 360 in non RGH mod and just playing a retail game i never hear the fan at all, i have played like 4 hour sessions of SSX and i dont think the fan speed raised enough for me to even hear it even at loading screens when there was no ambient noise. So it got me thinking if the 360 when in retail mode never gets hot enough for the fan to speed up so its audible why do alot of JTAG/RGH owners say have their fans set to 60% speed all the time, that must be very loud and dont think it need to be anywhere near that speed??

PS how many fan is actually inside the 360 just the 1??

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Most Jtag owners have old Xenon consoles which overheat and are prone to the RROD, so they set the fan at 100% to try keep the system as cool as possible.

What revision of console do you have? i presuming its a slim as you say it can be used in non RGH mode, if so dont mess with the fans you will be fine. Ive never messed with the fan speed on my Jtag and it never really gets loud or overly hot.