Transferring content and DLC from banned Account?

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by slimwadey, Jul 23, 2010.

1. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

Hi all
    Since inadvertantly plugging my Jtag into my ethernet port with my live account on the HDD i have been banned from XBL

I have tons of content and DLC i want to use with my new account
    Stuff like all the DLC from forza2 +3 and all the fallout DLC plus lots of arcade games etc

How can i tranfer any of this to my new account? , i have a Tansfer lead and Xport360 and xplorer 360

any help would be great

Thanks
    Steve

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Do you want to use it on a jtag or legit 360?

Also did you get console banned or profile banned? if your profile is banned there is nothing much you can do.

However if just the console was banned recover your profile on to your new console, you get the option to do that on the dashboard section where you choose what profile to sign in.

After you have recovered the profile find your download history *i think its under account management* here you can see everything that profile ever downloaded and re download it if you wish.

3. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

It was my profile that was banned *-)
    I have a non banned xbox for my live account and thought there may be a way to move the content to my new live account , all this DLC cost a small fortune

4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

If your profile was permanently banned, I don't think there is much you can do about it. Do you know if its a temp or permanent ban?

5. Icharus_Falling

Icharus_Falling Resident

why cant you call microsoft and play stupid? tell them you're hooked up to an unprotected wireless router and someone guessed your password. or that your xbox was stolen, and now youre trying to use your account on your new xbox only to find that its been banned! its too easy.

6. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

Chances are your 360 not your profile was banned. I've known a few people who have had 3 and 4 consoles banned while maintaining the same account.

Unless of course you did something horrible like expose yourself on video chat, or spout racially offensive obscenities in voice chat with an XBL admin in the room. That would explain a profile ban.

Try logging into your profile on xbox.com, or recovering it to another console. If you can recover it to another console, just re-download your old purchases through your download history, or through the game marketplace. You can also have your licenses transfered to another console so you can play them offline.

If your account was indeed banned, you must have done something pretty offensive on Xbox Live, and you would know what you did. In which case you've lost your purchases. But those purchases should still work on the original 360 you bought them on.