Tv streaming software/sites for wmc/xbox

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Backchat, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Backchat

Backchat Active Member

A few days ago I eventually got my wmc to connect and work with my 360......(eventually sorted the problem by deleting the extender certificate)....I found and installed a radio app ( TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations ) which lets me listen to my favourite on-line stations in the UK and am looking for/was wondering if there is any free software that will let me stream on-line tv....sites like Couch Tuner TV Videos FREE: Watch Online Tv Shows ...so I can watch the latest tv-series in the UK and USA?

I seen Hulu talked about but that is not available outside the States so any pointers please? :P

Cheers
    BC

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I mainly use WMC for recording HDTV (quad HD tuner FTW) and Blu-ray / HD-DVD playback, its a fantastic PVR and the 360 makes a great extender for recorded content. For anything else i use XBMC.

You will probably find apps on Xbox Live for the 360 which play all the online streaming stuff you want. I know we can get Netflix, Love Film, YouTube, iPlayer, 4oD, Skyplayer and loads more here in the UK.

Backchat likes this.
  3. Backchat

Backchat Active Member

I've only got the one 360 and it's J'tagged so that's the xbox live thing out the way :D.... thanks though, I'll have a look a 'tv catch' up in a mo and for some reason (??) my wmc has always plays mkv's and flv's so no issue there but if it were 'media browser' plays them doesn't it?

Umm....:D.... when you say XBMC you don't mean xbox media center do you, like the one for the original xbox? If so then is there a version for 360 or something and if not then I don't get you, wocha use it for?

Cheers
    BC

4. Backchat

Backchat Active Member

TV catch up will only work for UK based broadband connections :(

5. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Don't forget, you can use Hulu, TV Catchup, Netflix and all the other services in any region with a service like Unblock-US. Well worth taking a look if your willing to spend a few dollars each month. You can view the supported services here:
    http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291570

Personally I think the best options are Netflix (paid), or Hulu and others if you want a free service.

6. Backchat

Backchat Active Member

Thanx Nim, I'm gonna give that 'unblock' a trial run for the week and see how it goes!

By the way don't get me wrong, I'm not being tight it's just that I don't particularly wanna play for a tv service I'll hardly use....saying that 'unblock' is only $5 a months and if it does as promised and can multi tunnel to different stations then it's got to be worth it eh...

Cheers
    BC

Edit... Yeah that's sorted now on tvcatch-up so thanx very much... I'll post another problem tomorrow-:D pmsl

Honestly I'm not that clueless about computing :D:-$