Update gone too wrong

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Astravanger, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Astravanger

Astravanger Member

Greetings.

Things turned ugly and this is what I have:

Failed to update and don't have a backup nand, have an E79 error when I start. Still have my CPU and DVD key, and the nand that I ruined my 360 with. Also Xell boots on tray start so I guess it's a good thing....

Have some welding skills if need be and just accidently might have a nand backup from god knows when but it'll take literally up to a week before I will be able to get my hands on hardware that might hold it.

What way I can get it to work again?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You might be able to follow this guide and use the bad nand as the source to build a new nand that works.

3. Astravanger

Astravanger Member

Hmmm, will it update nand even if I downgrade the version of it? As in when I will try to install nand with 16537 when the last one I was trying to go with was 17 something, or it does not care one bit?

4. Astravanger

Astravanger Member

hmmm, got stuck in xell on fat mount uda0, guess I'll have to disable DVD, god forbid me be happy with this nugget, quite some screwing to do huh....
    Will reply ASAP, thanks for the help, I also noticed you used rawflash v4, so just in case I'm gonna use it as well....

5. Astravanger

Astravanger Member

Yup, worked, at first I was more like "wtf is this crap basket" when using rawflash v4 since it made go screen like I got bad matrix and stuff, but then I got rid of it and decided to go with simple nand update and it updated like a charm, started without any problems, thanks for your help and manual :))))

6. Astravanger

Astravanger Member

2h6t6k1.jpg
    2py7pra.jpg

I'm not really familiar with this stuff, but there's this lil cable coming out of the chip, any use of it to me?

7. InsaneNutter

Yes, it looks like your console is RGH hacked, that chip performs that hack that allows your console to power on. Don't go pulling any wires out of it.

8. Astravanger

Astravanger Member

No no no, I mean the little white flat cable that comes out where the HDD is in, and it comes out of the chip RGH chip.

9. InsaneNutter

Is it connected to something? I'd personally just leave it as is.