WD5000BEVT 500GB hacked with HDDHackr, Xbox 360 E says its "unformatted"

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by marulez, Dec 21, 2017.

1. marulez

marulez New Member

I URGENT NEED HELP! I have a WD5000BEVT HDD, did everything in HDDHackr HddHackr_v1.40_Build_20130303 then when I connected the HDD to my Xbox 360 E it says "unformatted". Naturally I formatted the drive with the console (asked me for serial) then guess what, no matter how many times I format it, it still says "unformatted". I connected my HDD to my computer and my computer sees the HDD now as Hitachi, not as Western Digital anymore. Is this normal???

I went to Computer Management and the HDD was unallocated, I formatted the HDD as EXFAT and connected it to my Xbox. Still same issue, it says the HDD is unformatted. This is the BIN file I used for this HDD, HDDSS500.zip a file of 3.50KB when unzipped: https://digiex.net/threads/xbox-360...ctor-download-hddss-bin-hddss500gb-bin.13433/

Is this a wrong bin file?? If yes, can someone please help me and send me the correct bin file so I can reflash it?? I still have my undo.bin file so if all else fails then I guess I will just reflash it with original firmware and be done with this annoying stuff!!

Basically I did exactly what this guy did: https://digiex.net/threads/500gb-hdd-replace.14011/ but unlike him, I didn't get any error as I have correctly set my bios to IDE Legacy. I can't remember exactly but my message was something like "Now turn off your computer! (do not restart) Disconnect the HDD and test it in the Xbox360 console. All should work fine." Obviousely the HDD did get flashed since its seen as a Hitachi now by my PC but why am I facing this strange "unformatted" issue??

On the entire internet I only found a solution here http://malthus.mooo.com/viewtopic.php?t=141 but honestly I have no idea what these guys are talking about and what can I do.

I need help pretty fast because I'm about to abandon the project and reflash it back to normal so if anyone wants to help me please hurry.

Thank you everyone in advance.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

That's a strange one. You flashed the drive fine otherwise it would have never shown up as unformatted on the Xbox 360. Generally formatting an Xbox hard drive on a PC after flashing it is never a good idea as you can mess the security sector up.

Try using Hddhackr again and using [C] to create Partition 0/2/3 then see if you have any luck in the Xbox.

99% of the time it is down to the SATA chipset in your computer, even with your BIOS on IDE legacy some chipsets / motherboards just don't work or cause weird issues. I used a 9 year old Laptop to do my 500gb drive as Hddhackr just wouldn't work at all in any of the PC's I had around.

Also something worth keeping in mind is the Xbox 360 can use up to a 2TB external USB drive to store the same content the internal hard drive can now. So you could put the drive in a USB caddy and use it as a USB drive if all else fails.