What dashboard can I use with my Wasabi?

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by FoolBotHoneyPot, Jul 26, 2017.

1. FoolBotHoneyPot

FoolBotHoneyPot New Member

What update can I use with my Wasabi?

My XBOX/Wasabi system has been in storage for several years. I only used it a couple of months after I put it all together. I recently brought it out for my roomate's nephews to play. It's still on the original 2.0.12416.0 dashboard it came with. I updated the wasabi to Firmware v1.3 beta 2. I don't know which dashboard update to get. It's strictly for OFFLINE USE ONLY. I removed the wifi card when I installed the wasabi.

I don't know what's relevant, but here's what I've got:

4GB XBOX 360S 1439 mfr date 01/27/2011 original dashboard: 2.0.12416.0 never updated
    Philips/Lite-on mdl:DG-16D4S no:14C p/n:X851278-004 mfr:Jan 2011 fw ver:0225 hw ver:A0A0
    Wasabi360 Ultra fw: v1.3 BETA 2 the last one they offered as far as I know

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I vaguely remember the Wasabi from years ago, you might well have problems with any recent Xbox 360 updates as the Wasabi looks to have been discontinued.

It's possible to view the Wasabi site on web archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20131208062549/http://wasabi360.com/download.html

Here you can see:
    • Wasabi 360 Ultra Firmware v1.3 BETA 2 - includes AP25 topology data for all dashboard versions up to 2.0.16537.0
    • Wasabi 360 Ultra Firmware v1.2 stable - includes AP25 topology data for all dashboard versions up to 2.0.16537.0
    You can download the 2.0.16537.0 update from Digiex here: Xbox 360 Dashboard / System Update 2.0.16537.0 Download With Avatars

As that update was released on in August 2013 and the next 360 update was released in December 2013 you can likely play all 360 games released up to the end of 2013 and possibly some released early 2014. So you should be able to play all the major games the 360 got before the Xbox One was released. I think most stuff from that point the Xbox One got a better version of.

I've also mirrored the Wasabi Xbox 360 Ultra User Guide v 1.3 which i managed to download from the Web Archive link, none of the other downloads seemed to work.

3. FoolBotHoneyPot

Wow, that sounds great! I don't think I have any newer than 2013. So, I should be able to use most of my collection.
    I appreciate you looking into this for me and posting the links, nutter.

So I can update directly to 2.0.16537.0, bypassing all the system updates in between?
    If, for some reason, the update doesn't work, can it be undone or reset or unbricked somehow?
    Is there anything I can or should do before the update, like a backup or rescue disk you'd make for a computer?

Everything in the forums is geared towards jtag, rgh, and such. Is any of it useful reading for me?
    I have a ton of folders named xbla, dlc, jtag, nonjtag and/or god. Are they playable on an unhacked system?
    I am proficient with a computer so if there's a tool that will convert them, I can easily handle that.

Thanks again

4. InsaneNutter

Yes you can update directly, however once an Xbox 360 is upgraded it's not possible to downgrade again.

Theirs nothing to do before updating, your essentially updating an unmodified system as far as the Xbox 360 is concerned. I'd set your Wasabi to use the 360's internal DVD drive before upgrading though (i think i read this was an option) simply so everything is as legit as possible.

Nothing Jtag / RGH related can be used on your console, you'd have to install a modchip and RGH hack the console if you wished to do that. It would essentially make your Wasabi redundant as Jtag / RGH consoles can play anything from USB or internal hard drives.

5. FoolBotHoneyPot

Ok, no going back. Thanks for the info. And, yes wasabi has a HDD/DVD selector so that won't be an issue during the update. I found a short but interesting exchange in another forum. I'll paste the link. Basically, someone asked if update 2-0-17349-0 was safe to use with wasabi and it was confirmed. I'll just stick to the advice you gave me.

http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/2-0-17349-0-april-2015-wasabi-safe.38891/#post-337726

Thanks for your help.

6. InsaneNutter

Good to know you can should be able to update further if required, you can easily play all the major Xbox 360 games released anyway which is the main thing.

7. Yuvaan Rajmoney

Yuvaan Rajmoney New Member

Hi, been using the wasabi360 on my PHAT console (Elite) since 2012 with no ban. So long as you use abgx360 to patch your iso you should be safe playing pretty much any game online because the topology data is added to the iso (the topology data was just an extra feature on the wasabi). Issues may only arrise when leaving the console idle for too long with an iso loaded. Saw that someone couldn't get the docs so I decided to create an account so I could share my experience and (thanks OCD) all the wasabi files i still have saved on my external. :) Have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/9p186db06pmr4/Wasabi360

contains both user guides, both firmwares and the phat installation guide.

Attached Files:

InsaneNutter likes this.
  8. Kaos711

Kaos711 New Member

I'm currently using 17489