Xbox 360 120GB Elite - Phat Help

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Bladerunner86, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Bladerunner86

Bladerunner86 New Member

Hi,

The console refuses to update, basically what happened is. The ck3 probe fried my rom and the console refused to boot.
    I removed to rom from the console and all was well. FFW a few years and I tried to use the console again but the drive messed up. I the reformatted the drive and tried to update the console which was a complete bust. I've tried multiple versions of the update even tried connecting it the internet but it keeps failing with error 3F27-000-0080-0300-D000-0185. last update that is on the console was 2.0.16167.0

Please help

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

The update is possibly trying to flash the latest firmware to your DVD drive (or check what firmware it has) when the console is updating. Do you have your DVD drive key? you might be able to write that to a donor drive so the 360 is happy to update.

3. Bladerunner86

Bladerunner86 New Member

Hey, no I unfortunately don't have the key. the DVD drive died before it could pull the key.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I suspect that's why the console won't update anyway, you could always RGH hack it as you can run the latest update without a DVD drive then. You can also retrieve the drive key from the NAND if the console is RGH hacked, not that you really need the DVD drive then.