Xbox 360 flash help!

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Dragon Master193848, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Dragon Master193848

Dragon Master193848 Member

Okay, so I really want to flash my Xbox 360_ DVD drive without getting banned. but, I'm having trouble powering the drive. I heard that I could use a molex adapter to power it instead of my Xbox. Is this true? if not what method should I use?

2. abmhaider

abmhaider New Member

Ok bro you can power your drive with your xbox. If you added some info like what drive you have what is ur xbox slim or phat i cud help you more
    so if u have phat i recomend u see these guide videos the visuals are alot helpful than words in this case. Now all phat dvd drives are flashable but if its a slim only liteons are flashable the hitachi isnt. also that you wont get banned if you are on the latest firmware but we dont know what microsft is cokking so always chance of ban although not much. 1-5 % chance of ban. the molex adapter is ok to use and i do recomend not to use it because the flashing process may require u to turn ur drive off and then on within 1 sec and thats hard with that cable i use the x360 thing that i frgot the name lol :P phat xboxs have: benq, liteons, samsung , hitachi drives and slims only have liteons and hitachi and hitchis are rare and currently there is no firmware for them sorry
    phat video tutorial: http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=e2OWyKmIFGo