Xbox 360 hdd upgrade 20gb to 250gb q's

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by nickygrist, Dec 29, 2010.

1. nickygrist

nickygrist Member

Hi few questions

1. When using xplorer 360 extreme to backup partitions on original hdd data, will all data still remain on that hdd (just in case all goes wrong I have still got my original 20gb hdd to pop back in)

2. What is the correct way to backup partition 3 with xplorer, as I would require all data (not sure what dump your Partition 3 means in the guide)

3. Can the backup and retore process be done on laptop with the migration kit via USB or does it need to be connected to sata (as when doing the hddhackr)

Sorry if these are stupid but I have to get it right in my head before attempting it

2. Rick

Rick Moderator

3. nickygrist

nickygrist Member

Thanks agian rick
    I had a go today copying the content folder over to my pc seem to work fine, but I notice once they were copied over the folder were'nt named the same way as the are on the xbox hdd eg:

xbox hdd
    SBK 08(4C5407D1)
    DIRT 2(434D0869)

My hdd
    (4C5407D1)
    (434D0869)

Is this normal ? and could you possibly do a short guide to show how copy content back to the new hacked xbox hdd

4. Rick

Rick Moderator

yes.
    3.run modio.exe as admin
    4.press big M and select explore my device
    5.click file>open/close drive
    6.click on partiton 3>click on content(left window)>in right window,right click insert folder>select any folders you want to copy>ok
    [​IMG]
    edit:i meant **insert folder**^^^^

Attached Files:

nickygrist likes this.