XBOX 360 Help

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by AntiNaz, Jun 7, 2012.

1. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Hi.

Let's cut this short. I'm trying to bring my XBOX back to stock firmware. I have no way of opening it to connect to SATA let alone do things to it. I don't have the parts or tools.

Is there a way where I can just stick something onto a USB and stick it in (lol that's what she said) and do everything from there?

Thanks in advance,

Canadian

2. H4CKS0RZZ

H4CKS0RZZ Resident

What firmware version is it on at the moment?

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If you have not updated it the dashboard in the last year or so updating to the latest system update should flash the DVD drive back to stock.

4. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

But how about becoming banned... Won't I get banned? :(

5. InsaneNutter

If you have been on live in the past with a modded console you could have since been banned since you were last on (if you have not been on for years)

Your going really going to find out if you update and try and connect.

What dashboard version is your console on now? *i think* 12625 was the last version released before DVD drives got flashed back to stock, so if your on that (or earlier) you should be able to just update and your console will be flashed back to stock (the update could also fail as it did for some people, in which case you will have to take the drive out and flash it your self)

Don't sign on now with a modded console, be sure your either stock or the latest hacked firmware if you want to be as live safe as possible when you try and connect.

6. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

I have no way of making my firmware stock though, that's my dilemma. I want to make it stock, but I don't have to tools to flash it. :( Any pointers?

I like the updating idea, but my dashboard is the pre-kinect version... *just saying*

7. Rick

Rick Moderator

8. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I don't remember what version flashes the drive for XGD3 games in general but honestly I don't think they ban for those kinda updates anymore, just seems to be if you get too many XGD3 flags in general (such as not stealth patching at all or burning a truncated copy). You should be able to get a USB to sata easy enough and flash that way. If it's the technical know-how that you're worried about, it's honestly rather easy but if you're actually unable to get the part it seems your only option is to just update and hope all goes well. Even my what almost seems dinosaur like PC from 04 or so was able to flash me with just a VIA 6421 chipset and it was only 10 dollars.

Why exactly do you want to go back to stock FW anyways?

9. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

Your dash is pre kinect so do what nutter says, you can easily update and be flashed back to stock. Worst case scenario is you need to invest in some USB tools if the update fails. There are kits out there that will do any drive (pre slim) pretty easy.

As Sycth says get a cheap-o VIA 6421 chipset and your PC will flash fine.

10. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Alright, so to clarify: (Excuse my stupidity, I've lost all ability to do this kind of stuff)

1) Plug ethernet into XBOX
    2) Turn XBOX on
    3)Update
    4)????
    5)Profit if I don't get banned?

Scyth: I want to be able to go back online and play some games... Honestly, I miss being able to dick around with friends. Wait, I could always use my friends spare XBOX and keep my modded one here... Right?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  11. InsaneNutter

I would personally update via usb, if you dont even have the kinect dashboard your flashed firmware will be really old. It could even be before LT+ which is instantly detectable.

Offline update and instructions here: https://digiex.net/downloads/downlo...60-dashboard-update-2-0-14719-0-download.html

After connect to live as normal.

You could keep your modded one, however you will need to flash the latest firmware to play any game released in the last year and a half going by the age of your dashboard. So if your happy to flash your self do that.

12. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

This is why I love Digiex. You guys are helpful. If you see me sign in on Live, Nutter, things went well. If you don't see me online... Well, let's say I got banned :'(

13. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Put the new dash onto a DVD... Comes up with nothing. XBOX doesn't even read it... it says "open tray" and that's it. Confusion. Help.

FIXED:

MISSION SOLVED! Update updating. I eagerly await this :') It's so cool watching it get reflashed hehe.

14. InsaneNutter

I see your online and not banned ;) welcome back!