Xbox 360 running really slow

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by someboy101, Feb 11, 2018.

1. someboy101

someboy101 Active Member

My Xbox 360 has been running really slow. It takes 1 minute to load up the Xbox, 2 minutes to sign in to my account, and 4 minutes to load up the dashboard. I cleaned the system cache and used the Xbox without the hard drive what do I do?

2. Gunz4Hire

Gunz4Hire Exotic XeX Hunter

Is it Jtagged or RGH'd?
    I have a Xbox 360 Slim E and is slower then yours no matter what and its not modded
    You can try cleaning the inside. I give mine a 91% isopropyl alcohol bath and clean the board. if you tried to reset reset everything and still slow it could be dirty. I live in a desert and my stuff gets slow if i dont clean everything unfortunately.
    If it isnt jtagged put everything on HDD's and get the 17511 update and put it on USB and run it and it may clear it up. I think you can make a hacked image if you are modded and refresh the system completly that way

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. someboy101

someboy101 Active Member

Hmm..... I think it's the hard drive failing or the Xbox can be dirty but I'm going to clean tomorrow.
    Oh and my Xbox is not moded and its an Xbox 360 Elite and I'm pretty new on Xboxes because never owned one before until last month.

4. Gunz4Hire

If it is still slow without the HDD It can be that,
    Id still recommend cleaning the inside with a air compressor or if you have the know how, open her up and give it proper cleaning. then backing any data you have up, then either download the 17511 system update from microsoft and put it on USB and put it in your xbox then restart and i think it may redo the update, or go into your system settings and do a factory reset
    1. Factory Reset OR try the 17511 System Update ( http://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb )
    2. Clean the Console.
    Never heard of a virus before so couldnt be that. only full on bricks where it doesnt turn on.
    Also.. one thing I learned, you have to be very careful. but if your dvd drive lens is dirty it stresses the lens trying to read all the time cause the dust, again, if you know how to access the laser you can clean it and can possibly help load times by not triggering the dvd drive.

5. Gunz4Hire

And good thing it is not modded, there is a long list of things that can cause simple errors, 10 second fixes but still lol.

6. someboy101

someboy101 Active Member

I found out it that Xbox live slowing it down so bye.