1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Xbox Offline Xbox Live Downloadable Content [DLC] Installers

Discussion in 'Downloadable Content' started by Harcroft, Nov 16, 2008.

1. EuroMIX

EuroMIX Member

First of all, thank you so much to everyone that worked hard on backing up, preserving, and providing these installers, I'm most grateful.

An issue I'm having is that while the Ultramix 2-4 DLC installed just fine, the one for Ultramix 1 is causing me problems. I'm on a hacked 360 and when I try to install the DLC after booting it, it boots me out of the installer and flashes up a error that's too quick for me to read.

Any idea why this is happening and any potential solutions?

Thanks for any help.

2. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

Its possible your virtual E drive is full. It's also possible if you resized the E partition that your homebrew dash doesn't agree with it and your allocation is becoming corrupted.
    The first thing to do is load a homebrew dash and see how much space is free on E.

3. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

Without seeing the actual problem I can't really do much for you.
    Make sure you run the game first.
    Make sure you transfered the entire installer over (delete it and copy it over again).
    I've found the emulator for original Xbox on 360 doesn't like the CDX menu system much and will crash out when you try to launch an XBE from within the menu, hence why there are JTAG updates.
    Try to get a recording of the error?

4. Sirius

Sirius New Member

Thanks for the reply! I manually partitioned the drive so that E has 100GB and has now 95GB of free space. It seems that Xemu just won't accept any data that goes beyond the default "blocks-limit" of the original Xbox. I guess my only hope is to try moving DLC content around to the F drive, which does not seem to make as many propblems as the E drive.

5. EuroMIX

EuroMIX Member

Thank you for your assistance.

Getting a recording is a good idea, and I wish I'd thought of it sooner, thank you.

The error I'm getting is the "This original Xbox game is not supported".

I'm using the Compatibility files provided online and all 3 of the other Ultramix DLC installers have worked correctly. The only thing that might be different is in this case it looks like there's two "layers" to the installer where the root layer controls the entire DLC pack, and then there's another two folders inside the root one with the regional versions of the DLC, but running those results in empty text boxes after selecting to install, and the songs copy over to the HDD and don't show up in-game. I'm wondering if this setup is causing issues because I don't recall the other three installers being setup this way.

6. EuroMIX

EuroMIX Member

I can't seem to edit my previous post.

I've tried everything I possibly can. I've even FTP'd the files over in case my USB was messing something up. I've tried manually copying the DLC, but the game doesn't seem to recognise it, I've tried the installer multiple times.

Unless someone who has actually managed to install it can prove otherwise, I believe the DDR Ultramix DLC installer is broken. It's either that or the Compatibility files aren't set up properly and are flagging it, hence the error.

If it was every XB1 DLC file I tried I was willing to accept it was somehow something I was doing, but the other three installed fine so I simply don't believe that it can be me. I think the installer, either due to how UM1's DLC is set up, is causing an error, or the DLC is faulty.

Please prove me wrong, I WANT to be proven wrong so I can figure out how to install it.

7. Neoteam1

Neoteam1 Addict

Midnight Club 3 has the wrong File numbers. It's 5454 not 4545

8. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

I personally used the DDRU/DSU installer when testing those titles and the DLC on Insignia prior to the launch of them a year or so ago. The installer works, the DLC works.
    It has to be something you are doing.
    Are you 100% sure your FTP client is transferring the files in Binary mode, not automatic or ASCII.
    Make sure you extracted it properly from the RAR.
    You're also using the game on an Xbox 360, which was never officially supported at all, that's your first problem
    These installers as specifically stated in the first post are meant for original Xbox, not guaranteed to work emulated on an Xbox360

Everything from the first thread has been tested by at least one person, most of it was tested by many, many people. AmyGrrl created and we posted that DDRU/DSU installer in 2008 and it's been used hundreds of times by other people.

We are not here to prove points for you, and nobody here is beholden to you for anything. Kindly lose the attitude.

InsaneNutter likes this.
  9. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

It's been on the to do list for a while. I will get to it eventually.

Neoteam1 likes this.
  10. Neoteam1

Neoteam1 Addict

I wish more people knew about this Web site and had xboxes with content on them. I'm gutted I lost my xbox 6 years ago. When I moved house. As that had everything updated on Pal.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
  11. EuroMIX

EuroMIX Member

I apologise if it came across as attitude, I didn't intend it that way. I likely let my frustration bleed through and intent is difficult to relay through text.

I didn't realise the installers weren't guaranteed to work with Xbox 360. If that's the case, I'll simply accept that perhaps UM1's simply doesn't work with it (unless someone have experience to the contrary), which means I suppose I possibly was right, just not in the way I wanted to be.

I think it's mostly just bizarre because the UM2-4 installers work as intended, I'm not sure why UM1's has these issues. I can only guess that something about it trips the compatibility files on 360 which might be a limitation of the backward compatibility.

Thanks again for the help, and I apologise again for coming across so poorly.

12. EuroMIX

EuroMIX Member

I've found the solution!

I suspected that the 360 was having issues with the DLC for DDRU1/DSU1 being "double layered"; the installer appears to load another installer depending on if you choose the DDRU1 or DSU1 song packs, and that causes the compatibility error. Because the actual content set up is the same as the later game DLC's, I tried moving some of the files around a bit to see if I could force the installer to load the "sub-installer" file list first instead, skipping the pack layer entirely. Copying the CDXMedia folder from within either the DDRU1 or DSU1 folders and replacing the one in the root installer folder will load up the individual song list instead, and the DLC can be correctly installed on 360 this way. I've only tested DDRU1, but I assume DSU1 will work the same way (you'd have to copy over either one at a time).

I think most of this was just my unfamiliarity with the Xbox DLC setup, since I didn't realise that CDXMedia specifically controlled that DLC list.

Thanks again for the help.

Edit: Forgot a detail. You'll need to replace the default.xbe from each respective DLC sub folder along with the CDXMedia folder.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
    InsaneNutter likes this.