Xbox one need system update. Pls

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Trotskiii3, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Trotskiii3

Trotskiii3 Member

Hi guys.

Am having a bit of trouble really need your help. i started an update on my xbox one and it failed to finish now my xboxone is jammed and it wont work or play games without me installing the update.

The system update i need is below

OS info= 14393.1050amd64free rs1_xbox_ref_1608. 160901 1913

i just found the update for September but it is newer than this one. i dont know if it will work. ?
    Can any of you guys help me with this would be really greatful Thx ALOT :S

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Try installing the September update with the network cable unplugged / the Xbox One disconnected from WiFi. That way if it installs ok and a newer update happens to be out the Xbox One will not know this and work fine, if any newer update is out it should only be a small patch so not a large download.

3. Trotskiii3

Trotskiii3 Member

Just trying the update sept.system filesi got the update done so far and ended up on the welcome screen. id fallen asleep so i dont know if the update from flash drive loaded fully, while on the welcome screen i had no option i could turn off the xbox or update. i am not on a wired connection am on wifi. anyways it said i needed to update i allowed it. maybe to my demise.
    afterwards i manage to get all the way onto the homescreen but it was very laggy from screen to screen and i looked to see if it had actually updated but it hadnt and was still using the following system files / update

OS info= 14393.1050amd64free rs1_xbox_ref_1608. 160901 1913

after turning the console off. the machine went back to trying to install system files or update. and back to black screen again. was close. =)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. Trotskiii3

Trotskiii3 Member

The September update is only getting to 79% then fails. somehow i need the OS info= 14393.1050amd64free rs1_xbox_ref_1608. 160901 1913 update. any ideas. i dd update it online. and i did get onto the home-screen. but it was very hit and miss. when i factory reset the Xbox it will only progress up to 66% then the reset fails. :-( :-(
    i think i need the right update to get it going again.

HOW CAN I FIND THIS UPDATE. ? is there any other sites i can check. thanks INSANENUTTER =D
    OR do i have to use the diagnostic update tool.

i cant believe the crappy programming of the xbox. as if it allows itself to delete its system files before an update is finished.
    Personally i went for the PlayStation 4 on release. as i had enough with the xbox360. Microsoft made a fortune with that machine due to its faults. shouldnt be allowed.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016