Xbox one s

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Lancstar, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Lancstar

Lancstar Member

i am attempting to upgrade a Xbox one s no history working perfect 500GB HDD to a 1TB HDD after following the xboxonehdd.9 it fails every time
    if i put back the original 500GB HDD it works perfect as before
    changed 3 different makes of HDD and all fail the USB offline update and 3 different USB memory sticks no matter what i try it fails
    i also tried sevral times the xboxonehdd to setup the drives but still fail reading thru this site i am thinking if the Xbox was possibly with Microsoft insider program and if i have read correctly you can not upgrade the HDD you can only clone it
    lets know your thoughts please

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I dont think you have to use any scripts to prepare a new drive these days (if you are doing that, I was not 100% sure from what you said). You can format up to a 2TB drive in Windows as NTFS, then place that in the console. Use the latest Offline System Update to prepare the drive / re install the OS: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

The problem you might have is if the Xbox was in the insider preview program, the Xbox will be expecting a newer offline system update then is currently available to download. The only real solution to that is waiting until a newer system update is available to the public on the link above.

Lancstar likes this.
  3. Lancstar

Lancstar Member

thanks for the reply sorry my post was not clear but i have used the scripts to prepare 3 new 1TB HDD and used the latest re install OS but still same outcome
    as mentioned it is working perfect just wanted to try upgrade HDD is all
    the more i read the more i am inclined to think its registered as insider program is there a way to check this ?
    I'm just reading some comments and watching videos of how to clone the drive to a larger drive not sure how that would work as cloning is just a exact copy
    would it just partition the same size 500GB drive on a 1TB drive that seems pointless
    not to sure if this can be done and i defo don't want to do anything that might destroy the Xbox or render it useless as its working now maybe the old saying
    "if its not broken don't try and fix it " comes to mind

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I think if you download the Xbox Insider Hub app you might be able to check. It's possible it might be tied to the Microsoft account that enrolled the Xbox however.

Lancstar likes this.
  5. Lancstar

Lancstar Member

cheers ill give it a go