Copy and Extract content from an Xbox One USB Formatted Drive on a Windows PC

Discussion in 'Xbox One Guides' started by InsaneNutter, May 27, 2014.

1. coldfusion

coldfusion New Member

Looks like microsoft has changed the GPT signature, I checked a freshly formatted drive and the untouched value was 99CC not 55CC. I changed it to 99AA and my mac saw it fine (with ntfs-3g), I copied everything from the old to new drive, changed the values back to 99CC and the xbox sees everything on it fine.

InsaneNutter likes this.
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I have sent Angerwound (the creator of this app) an email with what you have mentioned, hopefully it's an easy fix with what you have said in mind.

3. dedtees

dedtees New Member

Maybe someone can help me. So I have a 1tb (games on it) and 4tb HD (blank). I was able to change over both HD from XBOX mode to PC mode. My Mac can see both HD, but when I plug them into either of my Window comps (7 and XP) they BSOD and restart the comp (on Windows 7).

I just need to turn the 1tb back to XBOX mode. Is there any suggestions maybe using my Mac or another way to make that happen?

Thanks,
    Eric

4. InsaneNutter

You could use bootcamp on your Mac to run Windows, allowing the above tool to be used. I don't think any tools for OSX exist for doing this on OSX, OSX also can't write to NTFS out the box, although hack's do exist for that.

5. dedtees

dedtees New Member

Thanks, I figured that might be the last resort. Any fix on the BSOD that we know of yet?

6. HastyBasher

HastyBasher New Member

So I'm new to this and I bought a 1tb external hard drive and I want to download some saves from a PC game to Xbox ( I've got a converter so the files should work) how do I do it

7. InsaneNutter

You can't download save games for Xbox One games as far as i'm aware. Are you talking about the Xbox 360?

8. LittleLizards

LittleLizards New Member

Hello,
    I have done all the above and not to here, how do I play the game....
    upload_2017-3-14_13-22-34.png

This is a copy of gears of war 4 from my xbox trying to transfer it to my pc

I have windows 10 so i can PLAY gears of war 4 through the xbox app

BUT it will not read the game....

WHAT do i need to get it to read the game.

I have trash internet... 1.5mbps down. and would not like to spend 80 hours AGAIN downloading it to the computer

The 2nd file is just dlc for the game.

I have tried to just use the GAME file ( 80+gbs) and it will still not work

I have created a shortcut to %apps%....... just like this website has stated. it will not load or work

I am not trying to play from the external hard drive if that matters.

Ideas?

New little challenge sense the play anywhere thing between pc and xbox

Also will not work on windows 7 fyi blue screens it right away so i cant put back to xbox mode, but all I have to do is plug into xbox and reformat so im not worried

9. InsaneNutter

You need to download the Windows 10 version of the game from the Windows Store, theirs no other way around doing that sadly.

10. LittleLizards

LittleLizards New Member

okay, good to know lol hopefully this will help someone else also!

Thanks for the great guide tho!!!! it worked great in what it was suppose to do. i was just trying and testing if it would work for this way.!

As I look now the pc version just got an update and is 102 gbs and the xbox version is 84gbs. hmmmm

anyways thank you very much!

Any tips on getting better internet;) only one company covers my area lol

11. InsaneNutter

The size of games these days is crazy I agree, the previous Gears games were all 7-8gb! Now games are becoming digital downloads theirs no real incentive to compress things and try keep the size down so it fits on a DVD, or even a Blu-ray as the case is now.

4g is probably faster than a lot of old ADSL connections today, if you can get an unlimited data package on your phone or something, that might be the way to go.

If your ever moving / renting / buying a house in the future, after the house been in a good area, the internet connection you can get at the new house would be a huge factor for me anyway. I'd certainly be very reluctant to consider anywhere with such slow internet. Too many things depend on the internet today.

12. LittleLizards

LittleLizards New Member

Agreed agreed. I have T mobile and was going to talk about getting a hotspot.

Heres another question may I bring my laptop (windows 7) to my friends house and install gears of war 4 onto a external hard drive. Gears of war 4 is the play anywhere thing. in which you can play xbox games on the pc.

He gets 150mbps..... and lives 5 mins away. just lame how internet companies own "rights" in areas to be the only ones to sell internet in those areas

13. InsaneNutter

You'd have to take your PC / the device you wished to play the game on, Windows 7 can't download from the Windows 10 store. You can't share downloads between devices with Windows store games sadly. You can on Steam for future reference, but that obviously doesn't help here.

14. t3rm3y

t3rm3y New Member

I have poor internet speeds(adsl2, and no 4g in area).
    Is it possible using this guide to download the game files somewhere with fast internet, and then install them on the usb drive on Xbox one? I would purchase the game on the store so have it licenced etc, not looking to steal games but can't download 80gb games on my broadband speeds.

15. InsaneNutter

Not directly on a PC from what i know, however you can simply place the USB hard drive in a friend or familys Xbox One and download games, or even copy their installed games to your USB hard drive. If you have the disc or purchase the game you'd then be able to play them without having to download 80gb.

16. t3rm3y

t3rm3y New Member

Ok, i wanted to have a way to download a game(like the games with gold where you get free games) . If i have to own the disc then i wouldn't really need to download them first i would only need to worry about updates..
    I will continue to research a way. I really don't want to cart my console around to places of fast internet.

17. LordX

LordX New Member

about offset 1FD and 1FF
    So , XBOX ONE drive need to be = 55CC ?
    PC = 99AA ?

I checked one of my drives and I have 99CC , any comments ?

btw my old drive I used on xbox one was MBR drive , it stop to work after one of the last updates , I converted it to GPT and it working ok now , data is not lost .

about offset 29FE ( Sector 20 ) I have "03" there , you say it need to be "02" ? what number was there before you edit to "02" ?

btw my drive show up as empty if I am offline , when go online games show up after some secs , some times up to 1-3min....

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  18. marriver

marriver New Member

hi LordX,

maybe you or someone can help me... my external hdd it's not working, all games are there (i'm used app of this thread changing between windows and xbox mode).

can you explain me if the hdd (not loosing data) works ok on xbox one simply changing mbr to gtp? (what app used to do this?

regards,
    Marcelo

19. amoney

amoney New Member

hello i love the tutorial and program lol i just have one question how can you tell what file is your game and or data on the usb none of the content has any names ???

20. InsaneNutter

You can view the file sizes of the games on the Xbox One dashboard if you go to manage game. You should be able to find the game on the USB drive based on file size.

Another way is to simply copy the game from the internal hard drive to a newly formatted external and it will be the only thing on there.

Sadly their is currently no batter way. I just compare files sizes as it's easy enough to do when you don't have a lot of games and most games are different sizes.