Desperate help recovering 360 data

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Enzin, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Enzin

Enzin New Member

Hey all, I could really use some help.

In a rush and moment of weakness, I needed to back up my 360 data from my external drive, I done so by plugging said external into my PC and creating a backup of it.

Now, that external is broke. I am trying to use a USB as an external; however, after placing the backup on the USB (name.txt, xbox360 & content) and plug that into the Xbox, it shows that there is data on the USB, but all profiles, saved games, etc, are 0 KB and unaccessable.

I have the back up on my PC and a formatted USB stick, how do I go about getting this to work?

Cheers

Also I should note, the previous external was partitioned at 16gb (contained data0000 - data0015) and my new USB is 32gb.

I have tried asking Microsoft support but to no suprise I was basically told I'm shit out of luck.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Is that content you have backed up files and folders, for example Content\0000000000000000 with other folders inside here? or is it just some data0000 files?

Microsoft changed how things were stored on USB drives at some point.

You might be able to extract the saves from the data0000 files with Usbxtaf if thats what you have.

3. Enzin

Enzin New Member

Thanks for the reply.

The content folder seems to be empty which it was when I copied, the xbox360 contains the data0000-0015 files, plus name.txt

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2021
  4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member