1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Gen 3 Mythical Holiday Download

Discussion in 'User Created Pokemon Event Distributions' started by UndeadxReality, Dec 18, 2022.

1. UndeadxReality

UndeadxReality Active Member

Dear Pokémon Trainers,

It's been awhile, I hope all of you have been well with everything going on in our world. Goppier and I have been working hard on our next project... Actual Pokémon Distribution roms!!! We've been working almost daily for the last 7-8 months in preparation to provide every user recreations of every event Pokémon released on the GBA. Unfortunately due to time constraints and busy schedules we were unable to finish everything before Christmas. However, we decided to release 4 distributions (2 for Non Japanese games, and 2 for Japanese only games) for everyone to enjoy!! We will be hard at work to make sure the rest of the distributions release within Late January to Early February of 2023 so please stay tuned! So without further ado... let's talk about these distributions!

The distributions we're presenting today are as followed.
    • 10 ANIV Celebi (NON-JP)
    • WISHMKR Jirachi (NON-JP)
    • Misturin Celebi (JP Only)
    • Tanbata 2006 Jirachi (JP Only)

So the non-JP distributions normally would just apply to English copies of the gen 3 games, however we were able to use the Aura Mew distribution rom that was preserved a few years back to host (English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish) versions all on 1 rom. You'll receive the Pokémon just as you would normally, with the exception of the Pokémon will appear as if they came from an English Copy considering these Pokémon weren't available outside the Japan, and the United States. The JP only distributions are true to their name, Japanese versions only. Later down the line we will make sure Japanese events can be sent to non-JP games and vice versa.

If you're unfamiliar or just need a refresher, here's the directions on how to use these event distributions!

Equipment Required:
    • 2x GBA's
    • 1x link cable (original cable works, 3rd party cables might not work)
    • 1x Distribution cart, so you can use a GBA Flash Card or Emulator
    • 1x Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed cart from the language of the distribution you are using.
    How to Distribute:
    1. Save in a Pokémon center and have at least 1 free slot in your party.
    2. Now turn off the receiving system.
    3. Turn on the sending system with the distribution cart inside, connect with a link cable to the receiving system with the Pokémon 3rd gen cart inside and select the Pokémon to transfer.
    4. Turn on the receiving system with the game cart inside and hold start and select as you power the receiving system on. This will make the Nintendo logo disappear.
    5. After a couple seconds you’ll see a colored Nintendo logo appearing on the receiving system and the distribution will then happen automatically
    6. You’ll see a screen that tells you a Pokémon is being received. That Pokémon will now be in your party.
    7. Try to get a shiny Wishmkr Jirachi if you have some time to spare, unlike the original GameCube distribution. You can do this one as many times as you'd like. ;)

Happy Holidays
    Goppier & UndeadxReality

Download Link:
    https://github.com/Goppier/GEN3PokemonDistributions

2. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

Amazing job!(L)

3. ad2099

ad2099 Member

How great a long time ago I modified the zizagoon shiny rom to send a jirachi jap but since there was still a lot of speculation about the legality I decided not to publish it, with this I am encouraging myself to relaunch my rom if it works the same on hardware... if I can find it haha.

for now I leave the BIOS for the vba in case someone wants to try in emulator

Thank you very much for the work of both of you the fans really appreciate it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    King Impoleon and AlamosIT like this.
  4. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

Just a few questions.

Is there any differences between the "pattern" of possible WISHMKR Jirachi distributable here and the ones obtainable with Colosseum? (Except of course the fact that this distribution doesn't trigger the "Jirachi obtained from Colosseum/Channel" flag in Ruby and Sapphire)

How did you recreated the Celebi distribution without the original algorithm? Is there a way to reverse engineer that?

5. UndeadxReality

Aaaah those are some good questions, so in terms of how the Jirachi’s generate, its based off a BACD Restricted Algorithm… which is the same as the generation algorithm from the Aura Mew Distribution. The interesting thing about the Jirachi distribution is the Shiny chances, and the berry being correctly generated as per the disc. So Aura Mews distribution has a shiny pid reroll system, so if you’re able to turn it off it’ll allow shiny pids! The berry is something we didn’t consider at first but it’s something we had to make custom code for so it’ll always give out the right berry.

The celebi has the same generation algorithm as well. We can tell from the legitimate samples from the event, the top 10 rom, and all the top 20 Pokémon from JAA and POTD events. Thankfully these events are the easiest to replicate due to the generation algorithm being the same. Tbh most of them are with a few exceptions that we’re super excited to reveal in the video!! Also to answer your question, it’s 100% possible to reverse engineer the algorithms and change it to something else lol, that’ll also be discussed in the video. I hope everything was answered somewhat, if you have more questions I’ll answer them no problem!

InsaneNutter and AlamosIT like this.
  6. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

Wow, what a great time to be a 3rd gen enthusiast! (The first Pokémon event I personally attended was the Italian Aura Mew distribution).
    I can't wait for the other roms!(L)

UndeadxReality likes this.
  7. UndeadxReality

Just wait until the next update in a month or so… this is just the beginning.

AlamosIT likes this.
  8. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

As I understand it, every Pokémon is generated with the same alghoritm of the offical event, so is perfectly legit.
    I personally tried the western ROMs about 10 times each end every generated Pokémon was flagged as legal in PKHeX, so it will pass the Bank/HOME filter without problems.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    Twilight91 likes this.
  9. UndeadxReality

Yep they'll go through just fine!! PKhex will flag the japanese events as illegal because they aren't programmed in as of this moment.

Twilight91 likes this.
  10. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

(Yes, I've only tried the western ones)

11. King Impoleon

King Impoleon Active Member

the Background and screen looks very good

thank you all for all for this amazing work

now we can recreate any japanese events

12. Twilight91

Twilight91 Elite Member

Can the Pokémon be RNG'd this way?

13. UndeadxReality

I'm not too familiar with the rng on the distribution rom however I believe it's possible... it's not the same as wishmkr so you can't rng the save files per like you normally would

Twilight91 likes this.
  14. Twilight91

Twilight91 Elite Member

@UndeadxReality What else distribution events are you and your crew is working on?

Accidentally deleted my post. Besides that, great work creating these distributions for everyone that never had a chance of getting these event Pokémon decades ago. Keep up the excellent work.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  15. King Impoleon

how does work this BIOS datei?
    for what is it? mybe rename it as gba to run it?

16. King Impoleon

Maybe Hadou Regi/Mew or XD Metang

Twilight91 likes this.
  17. UndeadxReality

Well, I can say this. Expect to see every event next year!

Twilight91 likes this.
  18. Twilight91

Twilight91 Elite Member

For the GBA, NDS, or 3DS? Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  19. UndeadxReality

Only the GBA events! At least for this project

Twilight91 likes this.
  20. Twilight91

Twilight91 Elite Member

When you said every Gen III GBA events, will all GameCube and GBA events in the original languages the Pokémon were distributed also be included?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023