1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Usbxtaf - Xbox 360 USB Storage Explorer (Xplorer) - UsbXtaf v45 Download

Discussion in 'Apps (PC)' started by InsaneNutter, Apr 7, 2010.

1. AdamR

AdamR New Member

Hello there,

I have a question about the speed in which Xtaf can read/write to a 360 hard disk. I am transferring data from an old style hard disk (in that long case with the proprietary SATA connector) to a new style hard disk (regular SATA connector) for a friend. Both disks are connected to my computer using E-SATA ports, and the storage controller reports them working at a 3 GB/s link speed (nope won't be data speed ;)).

I first exported the save data for his account, I didn't notice the performance of reading this as it was only 40 MB. Writing it to the new HD did take a while though. The low performance didn't occur to me until exporting the neutral account data (downloaded games, installed games from disc, etc.). It took over 2 hours to read 37.2 GB. Not sure how long it took to write this to the new disk, it's been going for 4 hours now. Going to leave it overnight.

I opened Windows' performance monitor (Windows 7 x64 btw) to check how fast Xtaf was writing. At the start of the 'Inject folder' operation it was running at around 800 kBytes/second. Pretty slow for a hard disk on a SATA link, but I thought maybe it'll get quicker as it gets into it. As it got more into either reading from the old or writing to the new disk, the speed crept to around only 40 kBytes/second within 2 minutes into the job. There must be something wrong, no hard disk should be writing this slowly.

First thing I did was check the storage controller options in my BIOS. I noticed they were operating in IDE mode, so I changed them to AHCI to see if that improved things -- didn't. I have also tried on my other computer (E-SATA / AHCI), only a slight improvement at the start of the job. It started at 2 MBytes/second but then dropped to 40 kBytes/second within a few minutes.

I don't like to place blame especially as this tool has been written and provided to us for free, but I was wondering if this is a known issue or isn't a big task to fix/improve. I could also guess performance is a price to pay if Xtaf has to do a lot of proprietary formatting for everything it reads/writes on an Xbox storage volume.

Could be related: During the 40 kBytes/second writing speed the performance monitor also reports around 500 kBytes/second. Not sure if its' normal to be reading 12 and a half times more data than its' writing when the primary operation is to write.

Though I do have a concern about performance, thank you for giving Xtaf out of your own time. It very much does do the job it claims to. I booted up my friends' new Xbox with the new HDD just with his account data (no neutral account data) and the import appeared to be perfect. :)

2. Rick

Rick Moderator

You may want to use the xplorer360 version for your hard drive.What hard drive capacity do you own?

3. AdamR

AdamR New Member

Old one is a 120 GB disk, the new one doesn't say but it appears to be 250 GB. I'll have a go at Xplorer 360, thanks.

Edit: Looks like Xplorer 360 can't read the data partition. It appears blank :(
    Edit2: Looks like I needed that patched one on page 2 of Google for 250 GB disks (can't post URL). Currently writing at 45 mBytes/second :D

Thank you good sir :)

4. Rick

Rick Moderator

There are different versions for xplorer360. you should use the 120gb version for the 120gb drive and the 250gb version for the 250gb hard drive.

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

For hard drives i would now personally use Party Buffalo Drive Explorer, the performance is a lot better with hard drives in my experience. The app also has a nice user interface to help you identify what exactly is on your hard drive.

ez_champ likes this.
  6. knoell8504

knoell8504 New Member

I'm trying to recover some files I deleted off my xbox 360 hard drive by accident, but I'm having trouble getting usbxtafgui 44 to work. When I try to open up my hard drive, it freezes up. I let it sit overnight once, and it still wasn't responding in the morning. I tried opening up a .img of my hard drive I made earlier with no luck. I have Microsoft .NET framework 4 installed, and I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. Also, it may be worth mentioning that my hard drive was refurbished, and the person who did it biffed on the partitioning (I can't play original xbox games until I fix that, only 360 games). Any help would be much appreciated, as the data I lost took a long time to accumulate.

7. InsaneNutter

Sadly this will only see any data the Xbox can current see it will not show you deleted data that can be recovered.

8. Javid Wolf

Javid Wolf Member

Can I Inject Profile Pictures With This App?
    Or With WHat App ?

9. Rick

Rick Moderator

Yes.

10. Javid Wolf

Javid Wolf Member

Tnx 4 Reply but I can't Do it Can u help Video Or PIC Or Idonono icreated Profile pics With modio And I wanna put Em in My xbox via Flash usb
    tnx

11. Rick

Rick Moderator

You will have to inject them into Content/0000000000000000/58570983/00020000/(gamerpics here)
    You might need to create additional folders. See this image for more info.

12. Javid Wolf

Javid Wolf Member

Tnx Buddy

13. Notyalc

Notyalc New Member

Sorry new to the forums. This thread has been very helpful thus far but I'm stuck on getting a file on to the data partition.

I'm unable to open the data partition, is there a fix, or am i maybe doing something wrong?

14. Rick

Rick Moderator

Follow this tutorial.
    How To Inject Content Using Usb xtaf v44

15. viggen66

viggen66 Member

I get this error does anyone here knows why?

Error.png

16. InsaneNutter

What is your D:\ drive? if its the USB drive it appears some files might be corrupt on it.

Are you running this app with admin rights?

17. Aurorans

Aurorans New Member

Hello. I have a problem using this program. When I open my usb stick's folder, it throws an exception:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Xbox360'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
    at New_Gui.Form1.autodetect_data(String xbox360path)
    at New_Gui.Form1.start_io_and_initialize_partitions(String overidepath)
    at New_Gui.Form1.openManuallyToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8937 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    New Gui
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.45
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.45
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/dragi/Downloads/USBXTAFGUI_v45/USBXTAFGUI_v45.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8934 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8931 built by: WinRelRS4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

18. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

I made a backup of PDZ Bonus Disc to a USB, but the USB isn't recognized by any of these programs.

I recall using these programs a lot back then and I knew my way around, nowadays I don't and have forgotten most of it. I'd appreciate help getting use out of it as I want to preserve that.

Thanks.

19. InsaneNutter

Is this a proper usb hard drive? I think on larger drives now the 360 formats them as FAT32 by default and doesn't bother keeping files in containers anymore.

You should just be able to connect the usb drive to a Windows PC and browse the files / folders without any additional tools.

20. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

The 360 formatted the USB to its suitable format, I backed it up to the USB, and have the Content files on PC, but I can't open them.

It's Data0000 and so on, for example. I tried this program and it couldn't open the files to see its content.