1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Windows Vista 32-Bit (x86) Recovery Disc

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Nimrod, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Kethersdad

Kethersdad New Member

Thanks to Nimrod and rick550 for all the help. Sadly, my laptop's still not functional.

I've got Vista Basic Home Edition on a Gateway model MT6821. It started crashing in early August, 2011, so I did a full factory restore from the recovery partition using the Repair Tools. After the restore I downloaded and installed all of the available Windows Updates and service packs, so it was current up to the beginning of September, 2011. It worked well after that for a few weeks, then it crashed. There was no new software or hardware added prior to the crash.

It displays the same problem everyone seems to have: if I try to boot normally, the rectangular green loading bar comes up and stays on for hours, sometimes ending with a Session3_Initialization_Failed error. If I try to boot in Safe Mode, it gets stuck on crcdisk.sys.

I've downloaded the zip file attached above, extracted it and burned the Vista_Recovery_Disc.iso file to CD twice, once with ImgBurn and once with Free ISO Burner (making sure to check the box to finalize the disc). When I boot from CD, there is a "Windows is loading files" message accompanied by a white, low-resolution loading bar. This loading bar completes and the rectangular green loading bar comes up, remains on for a while, then disappears. Then there is a blank screen. If I let the computer remain on for several hours, eventually an arrow-cursor comes up that I can control with the touchpad, but the screen is otherwise completely blank.

Any ideas?

2. Kethersdad

Kethersdad New Member

Verification of contents of Vista Recovery Disc .iso file

When I unzip the attached Vista_Recovery_Disc.zip and burn the .iso file to a CD, this is what is on the CD:
    bootmgr (unknown file extension) 325 KB
    boot (folder)
    sources (folder)

In the "boot" folder is:
    bcd (unknown file extension) 256 KB
    boot.sdi 3,096 KB
    bootfix.bin 1KB

In the "sources" folder is:
    boot.wim 119,106 KB

Can someone verify that these are the correct files? If anyone can explain what they are supposed to do, that might be helpful. This "recovery disc" has not yet produced advantageous results for my laptop.

3. alan1878

alan1878 New Member

stupid question time,, can i burn a vista dvd on a mac?
    sorry if it really is a stupid question.
    great site..very helpful

4. Rick

Rick Moderator

im not sure about mac software but there should be a free iso burner available for mac

@Kethersdad

if you want updates for vista i recommend you to download a iso of windows vista sp2 ,make sure its the same version your computer came installed with so you can use your key to activate it

5. xl990

xl990 New Member

new to the board,got a question my uncle has an hp #a6683w the hard drive went out and i put a new one in and he doesn't have the start up disc or a recovery disc.So i download vista recovery from here and it still wont load what can we do?

6. Rick

Rick Moderator

download a .iso of windows vista home basic 32-bit (you can find these on torrent sites)
    then burn that to a disk using a iso burner
    copy down the oem key from the sticker on the pc(it should look like this http://tips4pc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/coasticker.jpg) and use that to activate it

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

8. xl990

xl990 New Member

thanks just found one from torrent

9. Evoo

Evoo New Member

I am having the same issue with the blank black screen after the windows loading bar.. anyone found a way around this?

10. Antony.R

Antony.R Addict

Get a windows 7 disc and install that instead, Should work fine, Might be something damaged in the recoverys that is stopping it rebooting.

11. Evoo

Evoo New Member

Will i lose anything doing that?

12. Rick

Rick Moderator

Reinstalling will wipe your data
    You can do one of these
    Hook up your hard drive to another computer to copy data
    Or
    Use a linux live cd or usb and copy your data to discs or other types of storage
    use this Download | Ubuntu

13. Evoo

Evoo New Member

i guess i will try that if all else fails, thanks :)

14. Eric Fredj

Eric Fredj New Member

merci beaucoup