XBOX 360 JTAG GAMES NOT SHOWING UP AFTER CONNECTING TO INTERNET

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Irshad, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Irshad

Irshad Member

Hey, I recently connected my JTAG xbox 360 to the internet and proceeded to download the prompted update. Although, the download didn't finish. I disconnected after that and since then it doesn't show any games in the home menu including the Freestyle dash and Xex Menu. I have put my games on an external HDD that I have connected to the Xbox 360 and even after transferring all the games to my PC and completely formatting the HDD (FAT32) and re-transferring the games it still doesn't show anything in the games menu on the xbox, not even the xex menu or FSD. Does any one know how I can fix this. Also can anyone tell me how I can download xbox 360 games on my pc and then put them on my xbox and what software I would need for it. @InsaneNutter your help is needed.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I suspect you have updated your Jtag with a normal system update by connecting to the internet. If so its probably no longer a Jtag. What happens if you power the Xbox 360 on with the eject button, do you see Xell?

3. Irshad

Irshad Member

Yes it does show up. After a while though the screen flashes red and it says segmentation fault. Here are some images.

Attached Files:

4. sword41ife

sword41ife Member

probably xell has corrupted or something

5. Irshad

Irshad Member

Cmon guys, I need a solution, not the name of the problem :'(

6. InsaneNutter

As you can still get in to Xell you can restore a backup of the nand you had before updating on Xbox Live.

Copy your nand backup to a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and ensure its called updflash.bin

[​IMG]

Power the Xbox 360 on and it should flash the backup of your previously working nand.

[​IMG]

7. Irshad

Irshad Member

Thanks man, but I formatted my xbox360 hdd and put a new xex menu on it. I also put a freestyle launcher and dash launch on it using the xex menu and accesed the dash launch using xex menu to auto-load freestyle dash upon startup. I also transferred a game onto the hdd using fatxplorer and set the games directory accordingly in freestyle dash and it actually shows up and runs fine. But, my main problem is still there that apart from xexmenu's title no other title shows up in the games menu on xbox home page. Not even the freestyle dash shows up. I'm glad that I can just auto-load into freestyle and play games, but if someone knows a way to get the game titles in the regular games menu back, I would be very thankful.

8. InsaneNutter

Are the games you want to show up on the default dashboard in GoD format?

Try running a game though ISO2GOD and copying that to the Xbox's internal hard drive, it should show up on the default dashboard then.

9. Irshad

Irshad Member

Where do i find my NAND backup and how do i know if i even have one in the first place?
    @InsaneNutter
    p.s do I have to boot into xell for it to work.
    And will it remove my rgh or any games or saved games etc?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  10. InsaneNutter

It will have been created when you modded the console.

If you don't have a backup i'd be tempted to connect your 360 to the network via ethernet, load Xell, then enter the ip address of the 360 in the web browser (shown on the Xell screen) and download your nand in its current state.

Example: http://192.168.1.25

Made a note of your CPU key also.

If you ever totally brick the console it gives you some way of recovering it with a hardware nand flasher.

11. masternoxx

masternoxx Well-Known Member

What dash are you using?
    You prob put your games in wrong place. For id they should be in folders by number there is a system, iso2god will identify them and put them in that ##### directory. otherwise you have to point the dash program to that folder and wont show up automatically.

for example 584E07D2 is a game number in hex that identifies a certain xbox360 game and that /584E07D2/ directory goes in the hdd1:/content/0000000000000000000/ folder that nutter mentioned, of however many zeros that is

of course that string of zeros is normally not zeros but your machine id, but for rgh, it uses zeros.

best to ftp to your xbox360 u need router 2 cables and pc and ftp program for pc

u shoud prob use aurora dash?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  12. Irshad

Irshad Member

Thanks man, I realized that and put all the games in the content/0000000000 folder and they showed up in the home dash. Also, I renamed the game folders to their original title id's i.e 584E07D2 etc. I had named them according to the games for ease of transfer and knowing which game is which. But, that seemed to have caused all the problem and it's just fine now. Thanks you all. Good to see that there is still such an active forum for such dated consoles and the response is amazing.