Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by TheFoxxo, Oct 10, 2022.

1. TheFoxxo

TheFoxxo Member

is it possible to convert a game from x360 so that the console thinks that the game was installation from DVD?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

ISO2GOD is what you want if you have a Jtag / RGH.

3. TheFoxxo

TheFoxxo Member

I tried it but how will it convert but them this game is recognized as an Xbox 360 game and not a game installed from a DVD and I need the game as a DVD installation because I have a game test drive unlimited and something is wrong with the DVD because the game does not want to run directly from the DVD so therefore I need the game as a DVD installd. Maybe you have this game so you can install it on your xbox 360 and send the files i can prove i have the game if you want but I don't know if it works that way

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  4. InsaneNutter

Ah yes, the only way to do that is to get someone to install the exact copy of the game you have and give you a copy of the installed files. This has to be the same region of the game / same media id.

If your 360 can read the disc enough to recognise it then the game will allow you to play the installed copy from the hard drive.

I don't have that game unfortunately, it does appear to be very cheap on Ebay however.

5. TheFoxxo

TheFoxxo Member

it's a pity, maybe I'll try to clean the disc in some way or I'll just buy another copy but thanks for the help

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  6. InsaneNutter

I did the same with Gears of War years ago, sadly knocked the 360 when the disc was spinning and it engraved a massive ring in the disc. I managed to borrow my friends disc, install the game and my console could read the disc enough to still play the game.

7. TheFoxxo

TheFoxxo Member

I think also have a ring on the disc but I'm not sure now I can't check it