Digiex Community Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Nimrod, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Hey Slim.

Were on beta now, Mixcraft seems to be the texture pack of choice, though there is always the classsic one your using :)
    That bug whole is a chunk bug, its a known bug in the current build - the developer of Minecraft still can't get things right.

I'll tell you one thing though, you got a lot to catch up in, in the server :) The mainland has been deserted :( :(

2. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

I want to change my character and get the different texture pack .. point me in the right direction please
    Ta

3. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

To change you're character skin please go here. Tons a skins just find one you like and hit the button on the right with a up arrow. The Skindex - Minecraft Skins It will then ask you to login, do so then all done! ;)

Theres tons of texture packs as well. I'm not a fan of this Mixcraft, however Snook and I both have a pre-built jars (for the texture packs) in dropbox. He likes Mixcraft, I like this one.

Should you desire either just ask or look here for more

4. OfficerHalf

OfficerHalf Active Member

5. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

Today I've spent some time preparing my Mac OS X patch as a new Minecraft update will soon come. When it does you just use this OS X patch option 7. If the patch has been released yet it will download it and make it available for playing via option 1. However I'm not certain if the Minecraft update will break online play or not yet. As for now if it does, you must use the patch option 2 to connect to the Digiex server.

Those of you who are using Mac OS X can now download that patch here. It is very simple to use, just extract from the zip and run the Minecraft file. It will do the rest for you. You may also place that file anywhere you wish!

Quick Update: I just added also uninstall and texture pack / mod support. To use the mod / texture pack support you must have a minecraft.jar file with the mod / texture pack applied. Thats very simple to do / get. Then you need to place those minecraft.jar files in /Library/Application Support/minecraft/patch_install/mods/ *THEY MUST* be named to go with the script.

Such as, if i had a modified Minecraft.jar with a HD texture pack which was beta version 1.1_02 then I would rename it to minecraft.beta.jar and make sure its placed within the mods folder.

If its an alpha mod / texture it must be named minecraft.alpha.jar

if its a newer beta version (higher than 1.1_02) then rename it to minecraft.beta.new.jar

This is allow you to load up those fancy texture pack mods / map mods while using this patch.

Those of you who don't know how to rename a file in mac you can do it from terminal will this command

mv "/DRAG/YOURE/FILE/IN/TO/GET/LOCATION/minecraft.jar" "/DRAG/YOURE/FILE/IN/TO/GET/LOCATION/minecraft.beta.jar"

Should you need more help use my signature below! ;)

6. jessenic

jessenic Minecraft Guy

My linux patch should work with OS X too

7. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

Released another update for my mac patch. It will auto update from now on plus a few code cleanups / fixes and added the beta 1.2. Download here

Update soon: adds encrpytion and checks that minecraft is installed first and other code fixes, its already done just needs linked to the page until then no downloading it yet.

8. OfficerHalf

I'm having problems with minecraft updating the patch's minecraft.jar to the latest version. Could my installing a client mod with that jar be the issue?

9. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

What to do is patch the .jar that jessenics hack loads up at C:\Program Files (x86)\mcvtool or C:\Program Files\mcvtool ;)

10. OfficerHalf

I know that's what I meant by "the patch's jar". I did that. But, then, running the patch, the game updated. Its done this a couple times now,

11. jessenic

jessenic Minecraft Guy

Just restart the game and re-run the patch

12. Pelisoli

Pelisoli New Member

Server down?

Server down? or restart?

13. OfficerHalf

Seems to be down.

14. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

It is down yes and I can't connect via vnc to fix it. So we'll have to wait just a few more hours till he wakes up.

15. Skeven

Skeven Elite Member

Well damn, I was hoping to get my night-time fix of Minecraft.

Edit: Woo, first and only post since 2008!

16. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Sorry, were really not having much luck with Minecraft Server at the moment

The server is slow most of the time, due to people trying to join via the latest version which multiplayer is broken in. This causes the server to lock up and get bogged down, with incorrect data and whatnot.

Then we have the problem with Minecraft forcing useless updates on clients, which is breaking the patch and causing even more people to connect with wrong versions not relaizing it, then connecting over and over wondering why its dead

Then we've had the past week of Minecraft.net being down most of the time, which means people cannot join.

Then recently the server player validator was down, but clients worked, which meant people could open the client, but the server could never validate there licenses.

Combined with now, Bukkit being delayed to copyright reasons so it looks like our server is gonna stay on an old version for even longer.

And finally, my ISP is having issues and I work full time, so I cant react to problems straight away.

Overall, not a good time in Minecraft Land. We've gone from a full server with over 15+ people at any one time, to a mostly dead server with the ocassional 3-5 players.

Notch is too busy with his millions, to realize hes destroying the community of the game. Perhaps he should use all his money to retire, and let someone who can code finish the game off. Hes great for the idea, but his handleing of the game now and his inability to keep to any promises like "I wont force updates" "I dont have DRM, yet you have to be online and my useless server to be working, to then play in other peoples servers" is killing the players.

End of rant.

17. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Minecraft is dead. Now, I know a little secret updated version of Minecraft... It's called........... MINESWEEPER. Hopefully you guys get all this sorted out and can enjoy playing your game :'(

18. DDogin

DDogin New Member

Is the server down again?? i cant play D:

19. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

20. BigRod989

BigRod989 Addict

That's cool with the Kinect I don't play minecraft or have a kinect but if I did it would be just for that lol