1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Resident Evil 5 Demo Download

Discussion in 'Demos' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 6, 2008.

1. c_overgaard

c_overgaard New Member

Hi there !

I'm having some issues concerning the Resident Evil 5 demo. I haven't seen the error message which I receive mentioned anywhere else. I've tried different methods mentioned in this forum, and used a couple of discs.

First started burning with Roxio Toast (I'm on mac) with plain CDs. My first burn (at 4x) showed the demo on 360. But this error message appeared "The game could not start. Please download the game again"

Then I tried different things in Roxio, which all ended up with no demo visible on the 360.

I then tried a youtube walkthrough in bootcamp/windows with 'deepburner'. It automatically burned at 8x (the slowest possible) and the demo reappeared on 360, as my first burn. But the same error message appeared.

I've burned at lowest possible speed.

I'm not signed in to Xbox Live - don't have a permanent ethernet cable connected to the box :)

Any ideas ?!

2. Tankrush

Tankrush New Member

Ok so.

I download the files, extracted them, burned them to a CD-RW, and my 360 wont even find it, all it says is "Open tray" i fallowed everything exactly as shown, any help please?

My firs guess though is the burning software (DeepBurner) or the Wrong disk type (memorex CD-RW)

3. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

Try burning it with nero. I've always found it the best for burning things off. Then try a DVD not a cd. CD should work though so try the nero or alcohol 120. I use alcohol 120 for burning all my games. Try alcohol first, it should work for you, if not then try nero. On alcohol 120 though you will need to have the unextracted file the .rar or .zip. Alcohol 120 will do the rest just hit image burning wizard, it's very simple and very easy. I've burned serval *demos* off and they work great.

4. 12ape

12ape New Member

ok, so i've been trying to get this to work for several hours now.. i've downloaded the demo, and i am using nero 8 to burn the discs. but when i burn the discs and put it into my xbox, it says that the mixed media disc is in there.. but the demo isnt displayed in the games section. i have tried signing out of my accounts, and also unplugging my ethernet cable..

this is what my nero looks like..

[​IMG]

5. 12ape

12ape New Member

i found out my problem, i've been burning the file itself, but you have to burn the content folder... all those hours wasted because i didn't read something correctly...

6. Deus.EXE

Deus.EXE New Member

Alright, well... I'm still having problems.

I burned the demo onto a CD-R (I don't feel like digging my DVD burner out) using the slowest speeds on Nero. Disk shows up as Mixed Media. I disconnect from Live, and even remove the Wireless device, and it says "Cannot play the game. Please redownload." or something along those lines.
    I sign out of my profile, and it gives the same message.

Any help is appreciated.

7. Stealth Geek

Stealth Geek Your Dad

Is everyone who has problems making sure to finalize the cd/dvd?

8. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

Sounds like a LIVE issue, maybe Xbox LIVE is now putting files of the drive so that people can no longer just log off to play it. It may not be much help but disconnect from the net and remove any storage device you have. It may not fix your problem but its worth a shoot.

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

The 360 looks to have quite a few problems reading the demo off a CDR, I would personally try a DVDR.

10. SilentBloodShed

SilentBloodShed Member

it worked easily for me and i wasnt connected to xbox live

11. Hollowman267

Hollowman267 New Member

Hey ive just set up an account cause i'm in need of some help with this demo.

Ive downloaded the torrent RAR file and saved it

Then Ive ripped it to a tesco dvd +r by using the software express burn (i know that you guys say to use nero but i don't really want to buy it and you need a code for the trial).

Once its ripped i put it into my xbox (yes i do log out and disconnect from live), all it comes up with is mixed media disc.

Ive tried looking in the games libary but nothing about the demo comes up.

Ive also created folders on the disc so it looks exactly like the picture but nothing works is there another way to do this?

the file is about 472mb

Any help would be much appricated

thanks for your time.

12. InsaneNutter

You need to extract the rar file Hollowman, inside the RAR file is the resident evil game files and folder structure already done for you. Don’t forget to disconnect from live.

13. Hollowman267

Hollowman267 New Member

how do i extract the file? my pc doesn't understand the file so i can't do anything with it

yeah i sign out of live ect

14. InsaneNutter

15. Hollowman267

Hollowman267 New Member

thanks so much nutter you are amazing!!

It works a treat thanks cant wait till it comes out to buy!

16. ion28

ion28 New Member

Hey thanks a lot for the demo and information on how to play it, however, im having some problems. I burned the files onto a DVD with nero and then put it on a brand new xbox 360, and it apeared on the demo section but an error message appeared saying I have to download the demo again. Im not on xbox live by any means.

Can someone please tell me what to do? I really want to play this

17. Mr. X

Mr. X New Member

Ok, first off I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has helped so far, especially for those who provided the demo.

But now, onto the problem I have with this demo. I've got a program called Nero StartSmart, which obviously does what I need, but I can't seem to get to the screen that's shown in your screenshot Nutter. I've tried it a few times myself, each time receiving the mixed media message. (No the demo is not anywhere when I get this message)

I used the first download, the torrent, and when it's done it tells me to save the Resident evil 5 xbox360 demo somewhere. I chose to make a new folder named RE5 and put it in there. I've done multiple things from there, but none have worked. If you would like me to post them fine, but for now I'd prefer if someone could give me step by step instuctions. I'd like it if they could be so simple I should be ashamed of myself.

Thanks.

18. InsaneNutter

When you downloaded the torrent did you extract it with WinRAR? If you didn’t you need to download the free trial from rarlabs.com

If you open the rar file the folder structure is already done for you, just drag it to your desktop or somewhere then burn it to a DVD.

I used Nero Burning ROM not Nero Smart Suit but both should produce the same end result, just make sure the folder structure is the same when adding files in Nero Smart Suit.

19. vistavietnam

vistavietnam New Member

Hey ! thanks u ve ry much ...i finding it

20. الررائع

الررائع New Member