Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Ronald Ruiz

Ronald Ruiz New Member

I cant use the Xbox Support, Im from Peru and I buy the Xbox 1 year ago. Maybe Hex editing?? how can I restore the partitions? maybe someone can share some links U__U, I have the original Xbox 250GB HDD from the MW2 edition, and I was hoping solve this with my transfer cable, pls help . =(

2. Rick

Rick Moderator

the newest hddhackr can format the 3 partitions just follow the tutorial for opening but when it comes to hddhackr itself select your hdd and type the option for partitions

3. rlzhang

rlzhang New Member

Thanks for the great guide.

I managed to convert a spare 120GB wd drive to use in my xbox 360 slim 4G. I use HddHackr v1.3 to flash the firmware and run the HddHackr 2nd time to create the partition manually. That works great, now I have additional 106GB of free space!!! :)

4. AciDeX

AciDeX Member

5. Rick

Rick Moderator

i think you just re-run hddhackr select your drive then use the option for creating the partitions

6. Taco Ranger

Taco Ranger New Member

EDIT#2: It took me five hours but I finally finished. Turns out my computer couldn't see the drive, so I switched to my dads and it worked perfectly. I had to run it a second time to partition the drive, though.

EDIT: Got it working until it searches for ATA devices and it doesn't find the hard drive. I read the tut and it said switch it to Legacy if you have that, in my BIOS there is a "Legacy IDE" option and if I switch to it and reboot nothing happens.

I get to the part where it says, "Starting Windows Millennium Emergency Boot...", but after that it says, "Your program caused a divide overflow error. If problem persists, contact your program vendor."
    I'll try and make the usb boot device again and see what happens.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  7. hector09

hector09 New Member

Can u use hddhackr on a hitachi external hard drive?

i bought a Hitachi HTS545050B9A300 External Hard Drive i was wondering if i could us hddhackr on it to make a 250GB storage device for xbox 360.

Can this be done on a Hitachi External Hard Drive?

8. Rick

Rick Moderator

nope.you can only use a WD drive hooked up via sata connection

9. hector09

hector09 New Member

10. chromey

chromey New Member

So I went ahead and followed through these directions with a 250GB WD2500BEKT drive. Everything seemed like it worked fine, but when I put it into my Xbox it only shows up as a 762MB drive? Any ideas what I may have done wrong? I was previously using the drive in a laptop so I'm not sure if it has to be reinitialized somehow before or what. All I did was format it and start the hack instructions.

11. Rick

Rick Moderator

If you used the latest version rerun hddhackr,select your drive,and use the option to create 3 partitions.

12. battleponcho

battleponcho Member

Hey, flashed it, all works fine. But want to undo it, did it awhile ago so I don't have that undo.bin
    WD3200BEKT

Is there any other possible way to restore it to original settings. I can format it for windows but it'll only recognize it as the hitachi 250gb.

What if someone pm'd me the undo.bin file if they have the exact same hdd, will that work? If anyone has it could they send please and thank you.

13. Ben Ferguson

Ben Ferguson New Member

Probably already asked... but there's a lot of pages and i may have missed it

I have a WD Black 2500 BEKT and I have followed the tutorial as carefully as I could but when I put the drive in my Xbox, it wouldn't recognize it and I couldn't even find it in storage devices.

IMAG0076.jpg
    I tried re-flashing the firmware and it says it already matches and should work... any ideas?

14. Rick

Rick Moderator

if you are using the version 1.3 re run it and select create partitions this time and it should work

15. battleponcho

battleponcho Member

Or what if i bought a new 320gb wd hdd, same model BEKT, and perform hddhackr and kept the undo file. Could it be used to recover both hdd's??

16. Nemean

Nemean New Member

Hi i have followed the tutorial and everything was going fine until i tried to restore partition 2 it just takes ages i have left it for 30 mins and still nothing is this normal? If not does anybody have any ideas for how to solve this perhaps a different partition 2 to restore from? or is there a way i can manually copy the files without restoring the partition.

17. floordance

floordance New Member

Thanks to all your work, especially to InsaneNutter and rick550. For me there is one question left. I've bought a new Xbox 360 4GB Slim and an additional WD Blue BPVT 250GB drive. Do I need (or is it recommended) to create the 0/1/2 partitions for this box (slim)? What about the partition 2 backup/restore procedure only covered by the guide for the original Xbox 360 versions? I'd expect that the Xbox 1 emulator (if even still existing) is already sitting on the 4GB flash drive. That means I neither need partitions nor the partition 2 backup/restore?

18. grrrrrr

grrrrrr New Member

does it only have to be the wd drives listed and will it work on a caviar wd drive

19. Rick

Rick Moderator

run hddhackr and use the create partitions option then try to transfer partition 2
    run hddhackr and use the create partitions option then try to transfer partition 2 *this will erase anything you copied to the hard drive

20. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If the 0/1/2 partitions are not created when you hack the drive, re run hddhackr and create them. The Xbox 1 emulator is on Partition 2 of all 360 hard drives, the 4gb slim can not play Xbox 1 games without you adding a proper hard drive to the console. The 4gb of space on the slim is basically an internal memory card.

So if hacking a drive you need to restore partition 2 if you want Xbox 1 support, the slim is no different what so ever.

I don't believe the Caviar series of drives will work, anything in the Scorpio series should work with the latest Hddhackr