1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

NXE Preview Dashboard [Exclusive Early Download]

Discussion in 'Dashboard / System Updates' started by InsaneNutter, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Could quite possibly be a bug with the new system update, on other websites I’ve noticed some people saying the newly added 16:10 screen resolutions have a few problems. There will most likely be an update on the 19th to fix the problems the beta testers found, if not just contact Microsoft then and see what they suggest. Your console could be faulty but it strange you only got problems after updating.

It should be pretty obvious to you why you can’t connect so why agree to delete everything off your consoles hard drive? :S did you have a backup of your saves on a memory card or something?

2. Alentis

Alentis Active Member

That...Well, I'm not very bright. I tried to fool them to put me on the list. But worse came to worse. They didn't tell me to delete everything, I just mean my XBL account off my 360, System Items. =[

I can't even watch shows right now.

3. Skywalker333

Skywalker333 New Member

My friend, I have the SAME problem. But i also tried it with 2 different usb sticks and STILL no results!

wth is going on?

4. RoxsOutXCore

RoxsOutXCore New Member

Hey there guys, nice site you have here. I came here because I read this quote on Xbox360fanboy in one of the comments, and although I figure it's too easy or good to be true, I was wondering if one of you who have the NXE already installed can either confirm or deny this for us:

5. electronicxbox

electronicxbox New Member

'Pirating' NXE sounds like a great way to get banned from Xbox LIVE | Destructoid, The Gamer's Blog

seems like I am screwed if what they post is true (though I doubt it)

Didn't make it into Microsoft's New Xbox Experience preview program and can't seem to hold your horses until the November 19 launch? Here's a bad idea -- pirate it!

Yup, the install files for the New Xbox Experience have made their way to the Internet, and it certainly works to update your console. But as Platform Nation (who went ahead updated their system with these files) puts it, "You can not connect online with it till November 19th." Well, here's a little surprise: you might not be able to connect again. Ever. Period.

Earlier today, press participating in the New Xbox Experience program (myself included) were warned to not switch the hard drives from our updated consoles to another unit. Microsoft later clarified to us by saying, "This is a security measure and if you do switch hard drives from a console with NXE preview access to one without it you could be placed on the ban list for unauthorized usage."

So while it might be tempting, just hold your horses; it's not worth it. You do want to playing Gears of War 2 online next week, right? To hold you over, check out our early impressions from our experience with NXE

6. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 Member

I hope this isn't true. :-@

7. jsdragon

jsdragon New Member

w00t nice post thank you so much. awsome to have tryed to get in early with microsoft and didnt get it now i have it thanks to everyone who made this possible.

8. Alentis

Alentis Active Member

Right now, I've seen e-mails from friends, with links to websites, One of which is from Microsoft themselves. You ARE POSSIBLY going to be banned if you use this. So, I'm in the dirt now. =[

Well, time to get a new 360. Later.

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I think that’s unlikely to be honest, why ban loyal fans just because they wanted to try the new dashboard out early? it’s not like your pirating games.

If this was a paid for update I could understand (if that was the case It wouldn’t be on here anyway) but if anything the only people who lose out are the ones who install it early then decide the next day they want to go on Xbox Live.

10. Alentis

Alentis Active Member

Yeah, thats kinda my situation. I forgot I couldn't connect to XBL, so...I did it. Now, I'm waiting on GoW2, and I need a 2nd 360 to play online. Ghey.

11. I GAFFA I

I GAFFA I Member

FYI gentlemen, i have updated to the new dash by CD. I have now d/l the fall old blade version onto disc and it will not update, even when i restarted with disc in etc. gonna try my phone memory later, fingers crossed it will work.

will advise later (ps worried about it still not connecting later) i think the connect to XBL part of code has been removed. so i guess we would have to wait for a d/l able update.

yours

worried.

12. blackroseMD1

blackroseMD1 New Member

Nope, doesn't work.

13. I Nanaki I

I Nanaki I Member

I really doubt MS would ban people for having it. They said if someone who got the real update from the release program or whatever put their hard drive on someone else's xbox, it would download the update but not allow them to access live.

So, this person, goes to his friends house with his hard drive, not console, and is like hey check out this update, now his friend is banned...? not likely...

Also, has anyone done the "go back to the old dashboard" thing, because I don't want to ruin my xbox in some way... or ruin my account... plus, I deleted all my zeros and installed Fable 2, and I don't know if these will cause problems reverting to the bad dashboard.

14. jsdragon

jsdragon New Member

*Update ladies and germs*

I just called m$ and the lady told me that if someone obtains it ealry and trys to conect to live you will be banned as she said live and m$ do random sweeps of the system but if you dont connect till the 19th release date or after she said you will not be banned and be fine. So stay away from the ethernet cable and you shall be fine.

15. DyNaMiiXx

DyNaMiiXx Elite Member

Unplugged mine now tryed to connect to live once/twice but that was before i was aware of the situation, I'm sure ill be fine btw to get the propa update on the 19th you will have to use the same method as this but just donwload from xbox.com

16. Alentis

Alentis Active Member

I've tried to connect. Alot. So, I'm banned now?

Well, I'm unplugging my Ethernet now.

17. Hoffman

Hoffman Addict

I don’t think you will get banned, read the email on the second post. Knowing I wouldn’t be able to connect to live I unplugged my network cable and have not plugged it in since installing the new dash just to be safe.

A lot of websites are starting stuff saying you will, I think it’s very unlikely... Think of how much money from live subscribers would be lost for a start.

18. jsdragon

jsdragon New Member

idk for certian i just said to her like how alot of people are going around bragging that they got it early and shes like well they shouldnt do that becuase if they connected to live m$ and xbox live do random sweeps of the system to look for violators of the terms of use policy. so nothing is known for certian but im pretty sure if your console is not on the list of 360's that are authorozied to have the nxe early you very well could be hence why just like others my ehternet cable is not being touched at all.

19. fifasarajevo

fifasarajevo New Member

i did this last night and everything was fine but now it wont read any discs

20. I Nanaki I

I Nanaki I Member

yeah, honestly, when it comes to MS losing money, they're not for it.

It's either of the two.

ban people, causing a loss of devotion to MS and that slight possibility someone will purchase a new 360 for 200, and if they dont, then MS lost the XBL subscription, upcoming games, marketplace, etc, possibly to Wii or PS3, and making them have to do the work of banning people...
    or
    don't ban people, keeping people happy and continuing xbox live subscriptions,
    and saving the work and time of banning people...

I will go with no ban?

Also, on the note of ban for trying to connect to the internet... I just unplugged ethernet, but what about auto-sign-in? That only happened like 3-4 times, MS, plz no ban!?:O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.