1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

NXE Preview Dashboard [Exclusive Early Download]

Discussion in 'Dashboard / System Updates' started by InsaneNutter, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikkelPixel

MikkelPixel Resident

that just stupid if they ban us for downlaoding free software

2. mrmarky

mrmarky New Member

At a guess everyone with the update can't access live because it would screw up the system and needs to be activated

part of the new update included party chat and gaming, on the old system this won't work so my guess is they have a totally updated LIVE server for this update to kick in - so once they switch it on everyone should be able to connect back to live, I can't see Microsoft banning everyone for the update.

3. DyNaMiiXx

DyNaMiiXx Elite Member

Random sweeps, meaning that you may NOT be caught

4. conor552

conor552 New Member

Installed the update and really liking it. Can't wait to see the avatar system!

I don’t think people will get banned for using this free beta software. My guess is that there is a cluster of XB Live servers that are temporally dedicated to the register beta users. These servers have some sort of authentication to let only registered consoles connect. The beta user servers also would be connected to the currently active XB Live system so as Xbox consoles running beta software can communicate with regular consoles. This allows for a controlled testing environment were user numbers are kept to a limit set by the XB live team. Once the update goes live, all consoles will be allow connect to live provided they agree to update to the final version of the NXE dashboard. EDIT: If not you can update it by downloading the update via xbox.com or else where

That’s my theory; let’s hope that last sentence is correct!

5. hudoutinkur

hudoutinkur New Member

wat do u mean by "only registered consoles"

6. MikkelPixel

MikkelPixel Resident

7. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

There is a list! Your conosole ID must be on that list in order to go onto LIVE with the NXE preview.

8. I GAFFA I

I GAFFA I Member

FYI, i have tried installing an older OS for NXE (the blade system) via a disc and usb stick, neither works.

The only way i can see this working is if, either it lets u download the update on the 19th and everything works ok, or you have to manually download the new update as and when its available.

ATM, the unit is only useful for offline gaming, and formatting the HDD makes no difference whatsoever.

There is nothing you can do but wait until the 19th at least it seems.

doh!

9. DyNaMiiXx

DyNaMiiXx Elite Member

Why is everyone moaning, you shouldn't of downloaded it if you still wanted live

10. I GAFFA I

I GAFFA I Member

Im not moaning matey, just advising, i have a 2nd xbox, so not a problem for me :)

11. electronicxbox

electronicxbox New Member

I got into the NXE program and I can connect to live :) so it shouldn't be a problem for any of you when the update comes out on the 19th and yes I installed the nxe from this site before I got the update:)

12. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Are you saying that you connected to Xbox Live while having the new xbox experiance installed on your xbox?

I thought it was not possible.

13. jamie123999

jamie123999 Member

he was able to connect to live because his console's ID was put on "the list"

14. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Oh right.. I understand, I didnt read his post properly at first..

15. DyNaMiiXx

DyNaMiiXx Elite Member

I can't wait until the 19th

16. conor552

conor552 New Member

So of all the people who installed the leaked update who's gonna be the first to confidently connect to XBL on November 19th? I know i'd be worried about what might happen, im 50/50 about weather or not the console will get banned.

17. I GAFFA I

I GAFFA I Member

Great news, weight off my mind, thanks for that :) ps what data did u have to give to get into it?

18. jamie123999

jamie123999 Member

Lol, well in good faith of microsoft not banning people for this i tried to connect to live today earlier....

attempt on the 6/11/08 -Would not even connect to home network let alone internet and xbox live
    attempt on the 11/11/08 - now connects to home network and internet, still waiting for xbox live to connect.

i know i am foolish for doing this, but im also impatient. and i am one of the many who believe that microsoft would be idiots if they banned people for this :)

19. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Member

Thanks for the update.
    I unplugged my wireless, so hopefully I wont get the banhammer on the 19th whenever I try to log in on the 19th.

20. gobxbluth

gobxbluth New Member

thanks for taking my post out. you just dont want people to know. YOU GET BANNED FOR
    DOING THIS if you dont listen to me then i dont care. sucks for you guys im getting a new xbox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.