PSP 6.61 Custom Firmware Install on any PSP - PSP, PSP Slim, PSP 3000, PSP Go & E1000

Discussion in 'Console Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Aug 27, 2013.

1. John_Sn0w

John_Sn0w New Member

I tried switching between Inferno, M33 Driver and Sony NP9660 but unfortunately that didn't work either. Any other suggestions ?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Update to the CFW used in this tutorial if your not already on it.

Disable any plugins from the recovery menu to rule them out.

It could still be a bad rip of the game, rip it yourself if possible and don't compress the ISO to a CSO to rule things out.

3. John_Sn0w

John_Sn0w New Member

It has to do with the game, because I just tried Tekken 6.iso and it worked perfectly... Thanks for the advice, but I think I will try to search for another ISO that will work :)

4. Pockie

Pockie Member

Hello! New here. I have a few questions if you don't mind. Alright so I have a PSP 2000 and its running CFW 5.00 M33-6. Some games don't work on this cfw as it is older and so one question I have is, if I upgrade to the 6.61 firmware, will all games work with it?

Another is, I did it sooo long ago, but I was able to change the gameboot on my PSP to show a sequence from an anime (Elfen Lied) and it even makes a sound for it for that split second when you click to start a game. Will I still be able to do this with the new cfw? Will I also be able to create my own gameboots? If so how? I know I created one for the the current cfw I have now but it was so long ago I forgot and I am not sure if it would work the same for the newer cfw.
    Thanks~

5. InsaneNutter

All games should work on 6.61, if you have modified some of the games to work on lower firmwares than intended you might have some issues. Any clean, unmodified game should work fine though.

As for changing the boot animation this will likely be erased. It's not something I have ever messed with though.

6. Pockie

Pockie Member

Oh okay, thank you for your response. One last questions, do you know the difference between this CFW and CFW Infinity?
    Thanks.

7. InsaneNutter

It's another type of custom firmware, more a hybrid firmware.

Your PSP is pretty much running a 6.31 firmware kernel, however has the 6.61 firmware. This allows for some additional PSP to have permanent CFW essentially.

It's not compatible with PSP models such as the PSP E1000 I believe.

I've not covered anything like this in this tutorial as I wanted it to be as easy as possible for anyone to get started with PSP hacks and homebrew. People can then move on to more advanced things if they learn more about the PSP and feel comfortable doing so then.

8. MrDogman219283

MrDogman219283 New Member

Hey, I tried doing this on my PSP 3001. I moved the PROUPDATE folder to the UPDATE folder with the EBOOT.PBP file on my PSP's memory card, but it does not do anything. All I want is to be able to play ISOs on my PSP. Do you know if it does not work on the PlayStation Portable 3001 or did I screw up on something? I have 6.61 on it and downloaded the file for 6.61, extracted it and then (I think) I did exactly as told in the guide. Any solutions?

9. InsaneNutter

So your PSP memory stick has \PSP\GAME\PROUPDATE\ with the EBOOT.PBP in that folder?

Is the memory stick FAT32 formatted?

10. MrDogman219283

MrDogman219283 New Member

Yep, that's where I put it in. As for FAT32, no clue.

11. MSahrum

MSahrum New Member

Thank you. Your tutorial works perfectly