Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 Title Update 3 Download [Media ID 2AAB34E2]

Wandsbek

Resident
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
165
Location
Hamburg, Germany
red-dead-redemption-box.jpg

Red Dead Redemption Title Update: 3
Title ID: 5454082B
Media ID: 2AAB34E2
Region: Region Free
​

Download:

Download Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 Title Update 3 [Media ID 2AAB34E2]

How to Install:

This is a Cache title update: the Xbox 360 keeps title updates named TU_… in the Cache of its hard drive, or of a USB drive configured for use in the Xbox 360.
  1. Extract the zip.
  2. Use a FATX tool such as Horizon or USB Xtaf to inject TU_1A5821B_0000004000000.00000000000O1 into the Cache.
  3. Start the game and the update loads with it. It only works with the version of the game whose Media ID is above.

About Red Dead Redemption:

America, 1911. The Wild West is dying. When federal agents threaten his family, former outlaw John Marston is forced to pick up his guns again and hunt down the gang of criminals he once called friends. Experience an epic fight for survival across the sprawling expanses of the American West and Mexico, as John Marston struggles to bury his blood-stained past, one man at a time.

Helpful Tutorials:
  1. How to use Xbox 360 Title Updates
  2. Inject a title update with Horizon
  3. Inject a title update into the Cache of a USB memory stick
  4. Inject a title update into the Cache of the Xbox 360 hard drive
  5. Configure a USB memory stick to be used as Xbox 360 storage
Need help with something else? Visit our Xbox 360 Guides.
 

Attachments

ok thank you wandsbek. do you think this update contains the others (the 1.01 and 1.02 ?)
 
I tried the update with DVD (MediaID 2AAB34E2) and DLC 'Outlaws_To_The_End'. System-Link immediately throws 'connection failed'. I think this is the known RTM bug so the update doesn't seem to work here. Anyone had success in creating a lobby with system-link yet?

Edit: Never mind. I had to add the TU1 as well. Everything seems to work now.
 
Anyone know where I can get TU 1? It sounds like TU 3 alone won't fix the system link issue, correct?
 
Some people confirmed they never installed TU1 before and it worked for them (straight TU#3 install) but its possible that the system-link bug doesn't occur on all system so they never relied on that patch.
Since my version ran once with the TU1 patch it doesn't need it anymore like the savegame was patched or something.

TU1 vanishes after first start and a new file will be created in cache folder. TU3 remains untouched.

When i remove the TU3 from the cache the coop missions do not vanish from the <back>-button screen (mission select). That's kinda weird since the TU3 should be mandatory for DLC. I didn't test if it runs though. When i remove the DLC folder coop missions vanish.

In the end i put all into cache folder and were able to play the DLC with other people who stated they only had TU3 installed so i guess TU3 is working. Its probably just not cumulative and missing the TU1 patch.
 
Some people confirmed they never installed TU1 before and it worked for them (straight TU#3 install) but its possible that the system-link bug doesn't occur on all system so they never relied on that patch.
Since my version ran once with the TU1 patch it doesn't need it anymore like the savegame was patched or something.

TU1 vanishes after first start and a new file will be created in cache folder. TU3 remains untouched.

When i remove the TU3 from the cache the coop missions do not vanish from the <back>-button screen (mission select). That's kinda weird since the TU3 should be mandatory for DLC. I didn't test if it runs though. When i remove the DLC folder coop missions vanish.

In the end i put all into cache folder and were able to play the DLC with other people who stated they only had TU3 installed so i guess TU3 is working. Its probably just not cumulative and missing the TU1 patch.

exact SpaceAce, i cleaned my cache yesterday for you guys, so i tried to download the first TU but i couldn't i got the TU #3.
I think the TU #1 patch is allready in the TU #3 just try it again guys !
 
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong trying to update the title for Red Dead.

I formatted a USB drive and the Xbox sees the drive just fine. I'm using USB Xtaf to open the drive and successfully inject the TU 1 and TU 3 updates. However, when I launch the game without the hard drive installed and only the USB drive plugged in, I don't get prompted to update the game. I know the update hasn't been applied b/c Kai still says I need that update to participate. What could I be doing wrong? I've verified the TU 1 update is still on the USB drive so I'm not sure what else I could be missing. Thanks!
 
There is no update prompt or notification.
Are you sure you're injecting in the proper partition of the USB stick? I don't know the latest xtaf version but the first versions had partitions separated (different access) and you had to create the folders (like cache) manually i think.

Just to make that clear... you have kernel 9199? Did you check the MediaID of your DVD? I can confirm that 2AAB34E2 is the proper one for this TU3 update.

I don't think Xlink Kai throws any game specific error message. It should always be your console. XLink has an onjoin information trigger though once you enter the RDR channel informing users to install TU3. This is always there, that's not an error...

Once you're in the game (freeplay) you might have to rejoin (in <back> button menu) several times to see other people. That's normal. Hold <DPad Down> for player list.
 
You only need the newest title update for the game, trying to use multiple TU will do nothing.
 
Nope , many users on xlink could not play Red Dead online with the new TU , only with the first TU .
We also edited the text in the Red Dead Redemption Arena .
 
Nope , many users on xlink could not play Red Dead online with the new TU , only with the first TU .
We also edited the text in the Red Dead Redemption Arena .

This is crazy man... the third TU is overwriting the first TU, the third TU contains 100% the first TU in it!
 
Maybe it's just a buggy, broken update? Wait for TU4?

How do you check the Media ID of the update?
 
Maybe it's just a buggy, broken update? Wait for TU4?

How do you check the Media ID of the update?

Its possible that they screwed up the update (Rockstar). Though if there was going to be a TU4 it probably would of been released by now.
 

About Digiex

Digiex is a technology and gaming forum, founded in 2004 by InsaneNutter and Nimrod. Digiex has served the internet community with breaking news, detailed guides, exclusive downloads and a popular discussion forum. A small, friendly community of like‑minded people has developed over the years. People are encouraged to register and participate in on‑going discussions.

Get Social

Back
Top Bottom