PSP 6.61 Custom Firmware Install on any PSP - PSP, PSP Slim, PSP 3000, PSP Go & E1000

Discussion in 'Console Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Aug 27, 2013.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Yup basically, I upgraded to from an older CFW to the latest by doing as described.

2. trxtr

trxtr New Member

Hi. Thank you for this detailed guide. Found my old PSP Go in the attic and this helped breathe some new life into it. So far I've been using FastRecovery, but felt like permanently installing the CFW. Just wanted to make sure I'm all good. Below is a screenshot from PSP Ident.
    [​IMG]
    Can I permanently flash it?
    Also, seeing that the emulators pack is dated 2014, maybe there are newer packs? I just have an obsession with latest versions.
    Thank you. :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You can't permanently flash a PSP Go following this tutorial.

However it should be possible to downgrade a PSP Go to 6.20 which can permanently flash CFW. You also might want to look in to the 6.61 Infinity CFW, which should be able to be permanently flashed to all PSP with the exception of the Street (E1000).

That is beyond the scope of this tutorial though, this is more aimed at getting anyone with a PSP up and running with homebrew, regardless of the PSP / firmware version as easily / safely as possible.

If you are using a certain emulator you could Google and see if a more up to date version exists. I've honestly not really used my PSP in a long time now. I just try and help out as and where I can these days.