Step by Step Guide to purchasing Games from US Xbox One Store from any region

Discussion in 'Xbox One Guides' started by Hoffman, Feb 18, 2014.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Follow this guide, however replace USA with Russia where relevant. You can in theory do this with any regions market place.Your hardest part will be finding somewhere to buy Russian gift cards.

PayPal used to work, however doesn't any more going from my own experience and a lot of other peoples. Some people have got lucky with credit / debit cards, again i didn't but your experience might vary.

The only full proof method is Xbox Live gift cards

As for buying download codes for games from Amazon i've never tried it. Codes that came with consoles in one region e.g. buy an Xbox One in the UK and get a Forza 5 download code with it, no longer work in other regions from what people have said.

2. X1Sweden

X1Sweden New Member

Just a brief update.

I just tried this for the first time and it worked by using the gift card option. I used pcgamesupply and they don't require any address. Big shoutout to InsaneNutter for the support he gives to everyone here!

cheers from Sweden

InsaneNutter likes this.
  3. Danne89

Danne89 New Member

I bought US prepaid and redeemed it successfully on the site, but it just asks me to use another payment option when trying to use it to buy games. :(
    I've tried with Hola, VPN and everything. Please help.

I also live in Sweden!

4. PeterG

PeterG Member

Make sure you have more "Dollars" than the actual price of the game...
    Same thing happened to me when I had $30.06 in my account and wanted to buy a $30 game, I added $15 more and the transaction went through.

InsaneNutter likes this.
  5. Zaccinson

Zaccinson New Member

Great detailed information :) Just wondering if this is still known to be working before I give it a go myself. Also I assume this would work with other regions such as Hong Kong, as you could grab yourself an even better bargain, any thoughts?

6. InsaneNutter

Yes this still works for the US region, i'd imagine it would for Hongkong if you can get pre paid cards.

7. IchwerdeAnalgefickt204

IchwerdeAnalgefickt204 New Member

Wtf?

Hmm.... this SBS guide is not that good or im just having bad luck with all games being region locked......

Thats how i get my games from the us store.

1. Get US Xbox Digital Gift Card from gyft.com. Pay with Paypal.
    2.Redeem this card in my Microsoft account.Changed my region to US.
    3. Go to my Xbox 360 live account. Buy for example Skate 3 or Burnout Paradise or GTA V.
    4.Play the game if it will work. Some games wont work due region lock or some shit.

This games will work in my region:
    GTA V
    Orcs must Die!
    Forza Horizon 2
    Goat Simulator
    Mortal Kombat 9
    Joy Ride Turbo
    Far Cry 3
    Test Drive Unlimited 2
    Watch Dogs
    BrĂ¼tal Legend

But it wont work with some games* due region lock like:
    Burnout Paradise
    Burnout Revenge
    Burnout 3 Takedown
    Skate 2
    Skate 3
    Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012

I used a guide from Nutter to bypass region lock with a vpn. first i have to say i used blackVPN premium VPN services. this shit takes days to download a 5gb game...... Games without a RL are much faster.
    After some days to download the games the games wont pop up in my games* libary..... i go to my 250 GB harddrive==>"Games and Apps"
    and
    The download now shows as corrupted with the yellow exclamation mark.

the fucking stupid thing is that those RL games supports English,French,Italian,German,Spanish,Polish,Russian,Swedish,Japanese and Chinese..........:-@

Click on images to see full screen!
    1. 8521ee53.jpg
    2. 2f9451cb.png
    3. a3ae46aa.jpg

8. InsaneNutter

This guide is for the Xbox One, Xbox One games do not have region locking.

You are doing this with the Xbox 360, many Xbox 360 games are region locked as the Xbox 360 tutorial you have been following mentions:

Unfortunately you will not be able to play those region locked games on your console, region locking sucks I agree. However unless you hack your Xbox 360 or import a console from the region of the game you wish to play their is no way around it sadly.

9. HEF51

HEF51 New Member

Hi, first off let me say this is a great guide, looks like it is helping out many people.

One hesitation I have is being from the US. I am looking forward to Project CARS but the US release date (May 12th) is 5 days behind the rest of the world (May 7th). So I have been looking into purchasing from the Hong Kong store since the US dollar and the HK$ are very close in terms of conversion rates. Now I have heard of MS blocking the HK store to everybody. Is this true? I would hate to buy gift cards in HK$ from Play-Asia and not be able to use them. Is this maybe MS just blocking pay pal?

Also one more question. I do game share with a friend. So if I buy it from a different store will he still be able to play it?

10. InsaneNutter

Im not sure about purchasing the game from Hong Kong, however you will still be able to share the game regardless of the region it was purchased in.

11. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

You can actually buy HK prepaid cards from the HK Microsoft store.....

http://www.microsoftstore.com.hk/pro...=Xboxcom_HK_01

The payment methods they offer are PayPal and AliPay however no Credit Card but for PayPal you need to have a HongKong PP account...I'm not sure if it's even possible to setup a PP account from outside your own region?. Has anyone used AliPay before?

Has anyone tried this method before?

ideally we would wants trust worthy members from Honk Kong, Russian and Indian on this forum and have them buy the codes and us pay them (with a very slight markup for their troubles)

12. Walshy

Walshy New Member

Hello mate, first of all, great job on your guide to buying games from the US Xbox store. I successfully used this technique for FIFA 15 to get it on the US release date. However, I'm having trouble purchasing FIFA 16 using the same technique. I'm trying to use a UK debit card along with a US billing address. I have been getting an error message telling me my card cannot be used for this transaction. I have also tried using my brothers card, to no avail. If I were to purchase a $60 gift card, would that work? Thanks for reading. :)

13. InsaneNutter

14. Zylias

Zylias New Member

Hey, I used this method last year for Fifa 15 like the guy mentioned above except my card worked last year. This year I've tried 3 different cards for Fifa 16 and they don't work.
    I've actually got a legit american address to use. So can you explain how to buy off Amazon? Do I need to change my address on paypal to the US address and then use my actual credit card or just top up my paypal? Because my cards linked to the paypal account. Thanks for all your replies.

15. InsaneNutter

• To buy on Amazon.com you need to add a US address to your Amazon.com account.
    • You can then purchase an Xbox Gift Card
    • You can use a credit / debit card from another country perfectly fine on Amazon.com to pay for the gift card.
    • The card will be sent via email later that day.
    • Redeem the code on your Xbox and buy the game you want.

16. Mewes

Mewes New Member

Hello everyone, great thread! :) i have a question, i have digitally pre-ordered fifa 16 on my xbox one and it comes out on thursday in the UK. (today is monday)if i switch my region to US apparently i can play tomorrow but that runs the risk of getting banned which i really dont want. Can anyone help? :D

17. InsaneNutter

I think you have to buy the game from the region where it unlocks first.

18. Hooplah

Hooplah New Member

Hello everyone,

Been reading this through and it seems fairly solid however I just want to clarify two things:

1 - If I buy Destiny: The taken king on the us store using the prepaid codes (which I will be buying here as it voids all sales tax etc.. Xbox Live $50 Card, Buy Xbox Live $50 Card Delivered Online) will I need to continue to playing under the US region as this is DLC? If anyone has any idea about this I would be very grateful.

2 - If I were to pre-order the division on the US store using the codes, do you think this would work for me if I were to just change region on release date and then it would start to download/Activate? Would be great if that was the case.

Greatly appreciate anyone's time if they have any answers.

19. InsaneNutter

1. Not totally sure about DLC, for UK / US game it's seems to work regardless of the market place purchased from. If you are in Japan for example I know usually they get a different copy of the game so you might have some issues.

2. If you buy from the US store you can not play the game until it's released in the US, even if its released somewhere else first. However if it was released in the US first you would be able to play before its out in your region.

20. Hoffman

Hoffman Addict

Hello All,

Original author here. I've just done this again to purchase The Division and found my usual source (Amazon.com) was blocked saying I do not live in the United States.

As such, I found a new place which accepts PayPal outside the US. Funny enough it's Microsoft's own retail store :)
    Buy Xbox Digital Gift Card - Microsoft Store

Ordered, and code arrived instantly :)