Step by Step Guide to purchasing Games from US Xbox One Store from any region

Discussion in 'Xbox One Guides' started by Hoffman, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Senteevs

Senteevs New Member

Hi.
    So I have a problem.
    No matter what I do, i can't purchase anything from the US store. Not using PayPal, a credit card or a gift card.
    Everything worked fine until i changed my credit card data (the old one expired). Now I just get the "use a different way to pay" error.
    I have entered a US address (Oregon University) and changed it 3 times just to make sure that it isn't blocked. But nothing helps. Any ideas?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It could be something to do with changing the address three times, that's likely flagged up as unusual behavior which might be why you can't purchase. Maybe leave it a couple of days then try using a gift card, their the way to go as PayPal and card's seem to give people a lot of issues now.

3. Senteevs

Senteevs New Member

I bought a $5 gift card and tried to purchase Ori for $4.99. Got the same error.
    The tried to purchase Forza tokens for $0.99 and the purchase went through.

The address I entered is in Oregon, so no sales tax. Any Idea why I couldn't purchase Ori? How much more money than the sales price do I have to have in my account?

4. InsaneNutter

The only thing I can think of sales tax is been applied for some reason, which is why you could purchase for Forza tokens perhaps.

Did you have exactly $4 after that purchase?

If yes maybe you need the funds + what the tax would be and your simply not charged the tax after as the transaction goes through.

5. Senteevs

Senteevs New Member

I had $4.01 in my account after that. It seems stupid that I have to have more money for the purchase than I actually need, as this means that there is always going to be some money I can't spend. Guess, that's what Microsoft's counting on.

6. Sp4rk117

Sp4rk117 Member

Microsoft doesn't accept my credit card, even if I placed my credit card in PayPal. It's all listed as United States except the credit card and it says I need to use a different credit card when I try to connect the accounts. Perhaps this requires me to do the "VPN setup", since it's technically an Xbox 360 game? But, I'm using my Xbox one.

All I want to do is to claim Games With Gold for Xbox 360, since they are backwards compatible with Xbox One. I want to connect the payment option, then "purchase" it on my Xbox One, since they finally added it to the marketplace, but they still require a payment option, sadly.

I can't do it on my Xbox 360, since it's JTAG'd and I'm definitely not going to connect it to Xbox Live. Why Microsoft isn't making it easy to claim these "free" games is beyond me. I can't use my region, because my region isn't listed for Xbox Live.

Any advice for claiming the backwards compatible Xbox 360 Games With Gold games?

7. InsaneNutter

That's likely the problem, Microsoft are a lot more strict with cards on Xbox accounts now.

Maybe have a look around and see if you can get any websites that will give you a pre paid US VISA card, you wouldn't even need any money on it, you just need to have it associated with your Xbox account to be able to "purchase" the free Xbox 360 games from the xbox.com website.

The only other solution I can think of is to use a friends Xbox 360 console as that would do it without requiring a card on your account.

8. MajdHenz

MajdHenz New Member

What will microsoft ask me if they want to confirm the address i added ? And can u help me please in getting legit address ?

9. MajdHenz

MajdHenz New Member

[h=2][​IMG][/h]
    What will microsoft ask me if they want to confirm the address i added ? And can u help me please in
    i have sent u message please respond to me​

10. InsaneNutter

They don't ask you to confirm an address, just enter a valid address which you can find on Google or Google Maps.

You could also Google an address such as a McDonald's in the country you desire.

11. MajdHenz

MajdHenz New Member

if somehow they want me to confirm it how i can confirm it what they will ask me for also can i use a hotel address ?

12. InsaneNutter

You can't confirm it, however you are not asked to. I've had an Xbox Live account since 2005 and never been asked to confirm my address.

A hotel address should be fine.

13. MajdHenz

MajdHenz New Member

Thx buddy

14. Faakhir Amhed

Faakhir Amhed New Member

you need to use a VPN and have an Xbox Live account for the region you wish to purchase from. I can suggest a good VPN if you are looking to access the from any region I am using Best VPN Provider Reviews 2016

15. SuperDOS

SuperDOS New Member

This still works?

I've done as the guide and only get "
    [FONT=&quot]Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again." when trying to buy Beyond Good and Evil HD.
    Tried with paypal, credit card and bought $15 US Gift card and added to my account but still not working either on my Xbox One or directly on xbox.com

thanks

[/FONT]

16. InsaneNutter

Unless anything has changed with Xbox 360 games you need an Xbox Live profile associated with the region you wish to purchase from. This guide is for Xbox One games and still works with Xbox One games.

17. SuperDOS

SuperDOS New Member

yeah since the game is not available in all markets I have changed to USA at my profile, "Change 360 account region".
    [FONT=&quot]Change 360 account region[/FONT]

18. Kelvin

Kelvin New Member

Hi there,

I own an Xbox One outside of the US. I registered all my accounts under US information. I was able to buy Xbox One games such as Sunset Overdrive and Recore but not Xbox 360 games and some Xbox Live with Gold games (I have a subscription).

The reason I think is that I have multiple billing address which I forgot how it came to being and two of them belongs to my countries addresses. A quick search of Google found that you are not able to delete billing addresses and the only way to make it purely US is to make a new account. If this is true, then I think it will be difficult since I already bought some games under the current account.

What do you think are my options?

Thank you.

19. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Hey, Sadly the Xbox 360 still has region locks and barely supports multi-regions. Even when using the Xbox 360 Store on the Xbox One, the same applies. :(

There's an account migration tool on Xbox.com you can use when you move counties with an Xbox 360 account, but it has some serious limits so please read further into it before considering it.

20. Hirsty

Hirsty New Member

Okay I'm having a problem I'm trying to purchase us 1 year gold on xbox live marketplace but everytime I go to buy with PayPal it just says "we can't process your payment."

Now is this because on paypal I haven't transferred money from money from my debit card to PayPal or can I just buy it from my card linked to PayPal?