1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Xbox Offline Xbox Live Downloadable Content [DLC] Installers

Discussion in 'Downloadable Content' started by Harcroft, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Zidane Tribal

Zidane Tribal New Member

Thanks a ton. Bit disappointing, if I had known that I wouldn't have deleted the stuff from my xbox 360,and would have downloaded everything I would need before they shut it off... maybe I'll save up and get a modded (or modable) 360 at some point... well anyway thinks again for the help, really appreciate it.

2. hobojoe44

hobojoe44 Active Member

The only other way is for Halo 2 the multiplayer map pack disc, and I'm not sure if those few demo discs that have DLC installers (Official Xbox magazine's or other ones) will work on the 360

3. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

Wow this week has gone by fast! Sorry for the delay again.

I was able to go over Lexx33 DLC posts and there was nothing "new", some of it was user generated content, which if someone else wants to host or handle, go nuts. I only work on officially released Microsoft or official game developer DLC stuff. The closest thing we did to 3rd party DLC was Bungie's favourite game types on the Halo 2 installer, and that was from Bungie. The rest of the DLC matches up with copies we already have, and have already released. All that being said, I really do appreciate the effort to offer something new, not just old copies of retails or their own homemade stuff.

That hobojoe44 is quite clever, you guys should listen to him :) There were a handful of DLC disks out like the Halo 2 one, the Monk from Jade Empire LE, and Mechassault 2 Lone Wolf CE's bonus disk, not to mention OXM and Exhibition disks. But most of those do not contain the very last title update, all of the DLC for any given game, and most of them have out of date copies of the DLC. The Halo 2 Multiplayer Map pack is a great example, 1 pack is missing, another is out of date, and the update is also old. We did use some of these disks as sources, but I'd say the vast majority was directly off xbox live. The most important thing to mention about these disks is that very few (if any) will work on a 360 that hasn't been set up for homebrew, making them all but pointless now.

InsaneNutter is correct regarding Midtown Madness 3, it's just like Fight Club, there is a secondary signature, or lock that I don't know the first thing about. So neither DLC works. For Fight Club the work around is simple, the DLC is just music, so I can make a soundtrack installer. The MM3 DLC workaround is much more complicated and involves merging game files with the raw files from the DLC packages. It's covered earlier on in the thread, read back a few pages. Anyway that's why I killed the link for it.

Other than some sports rosters I never got around to, I don't think there's much I can do. Maybe title update packages made for Freeboot consoles. If there is anything specific anyone needs done, let me know. I will try to make myself more available here.

MasterChief and InsaneNutter like this.
  4. hobojoe44

hobojoe44 Active Member

Those few demo discs, I know at a local gamestore that hasThe Rainbow Six 3 Companion Demo Disc as seen here
    http://youfoundasecret.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/the-rainbow-six-3-companion-demo-disc/

It's only $2 so I'll pick it up and get my brother to see if it runs on his 360, I'll give you guys a heads up about it.

Also did you ever get the Phantasy Star Online DLC from someone Harcroft?

I recall reading a post that there was some guy who had it but didn't want to soft mod his Xbox or something.

5. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

I've never received anything regarding Phantasy Star Online at all. Not a DLC file, not an xbe, nothing at all. From what I've read, most of the DLC for PSO was just unlockables that required the disk and XBL, or just different lobbies. I'd still like to take a look at it though.

I also forgot to mention, a dedicated Digiex user mailed me his xbox FROM JAPAN! Well the xbox was from Japan, but the console was shipped from the US. In any case, I have to do some work on the eeprom to make it load my Splinter Cell so I can softmod it (unless someone has a Splinter Cell from Japan for me, NTSC-J) There may be a treasure trove of DLC on there yet, I just need to spend a day working on it, and unfortunately my workbench is just packed with too much repair work and PC's that need clearing out to do that. But I will find time for it!

MasterChief likes this.
  6. hobojoe44

hobojoe44 Active Member

Well lets all cross our fingers that there is at least one good thing we need one it :D

7. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

Metal Wolf Chaos DLC...?

8. moses_373

moses_373 Member

Just wanted to throw out a huge thanks to Harcroft for this, I've been looking for the Halo 2 title update for ages. I also grabbed the Kareoke revolution DLC. I had previously purchased all the DLC for both those games, but since I sold my old box and switched to a 360 I haven't been able to get a hold of them again until now! It's a shame that Kareoke Revolution won't work on the 360 though...

9. stuntz0rZ

stuntz0rZ New Member

I was looking forward to the Midtown Madness 3 DLC. that's too bad it has problems. Is there any other dlc not available?

10. hobojoe44

hobojoe44 Active Member

^ I recall harcroft needing some sort of SEGA GT ONLINE championship winner DLC.

Harcrorft I know we had a argument about the UC2 title update breaking system-link, when it worked fine for you (maybe it adds a ping limit, because you can join but it kicks you out after 10 to 20 seconds, much like when I've played the Xbox version of counter strike with a guy New Zealand)
    Well unfortunately after testing with others it's the similar case for Mechassault 2.

3 of us tried it, myself and another had the DLC/title update, well the other person didn't. We each hosted a game to check if the others could see it. Non of us could see each others hosted games. As soon as the 2 of us disabled the Title update we could all see/join each others games just fine.
    At least the good thing is the downloaded maps work with out the Title update much like some other games. The game informs the host which player(S) that don't have a downloaded map when they select one by putting a X next to their name(S) on the current players in server list.

Side note:
    Sid Meier's Pirates DLC worked fine for me when I installed it yesterday.

11. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

hobojoe44 I don't recall any argument about UC2. I know the publisher released multiple versions of the game, and multiple title updates. They all suck in one way or another. That's why I included both title updates I had in the last installer, use what works for you.

Mechassault 2 has worked fine for me with people from literally all over the world with and without the title update. Disabling or removing the TU doesn't allow you to use the second (larger) DLC pack. The first one that came out free on XBL and on the Bonus Disk worked without any TU's just fine. The users list showing an X next to peoples names was normal activity for Mechassault 2 since day one with the New Maps pack. Crimson Skies also behaved in a similar fashion.

I know you keep blaming the title updates for your issues, but I honestly think it's more likely that your tunneling software or connection is the problem. These games worked fine until Kai went to crap (right around when Halo Reach came out), and still work fine using XBSlink. I have played with friends from Australia and Europe (with me in Canada) with zero issues. So there may be some ping limit, but I can guarantee XBC (which has been broken from day 1) and Kai (which is now extremely bloated, laggy and disconnect happy) are a contributing factor. Try out XBSlink, and direct connect to your friends, or have them direct connect to you without some 3rd party routing involved. If two or more games are acting the same with people with a high ping from you, you should consider trying to narrowing it down to a common denominator, your connection.

I also don't know what blaming an update accomplishes, it's not like I modify them, we just created menu's and modified a few files to sign them to your console.

As for Sega GT Online. Yup, it had at least 15 pieces of DLC (last I counted when I was on XBL with it). But I couldn't download any of it because they were tournament prizes.

Regarding Midtown Madness 3, I'll add a comment in the first post, but there's really no point in hosting an installer that everyone correctly says doesn't work.
    I had it working in 2008 or so, but not since then when I've tried recently. There is another method to add that DLC to an existing game, so maybe I'll add a link to that in the first post.

moses_373 I'll try to find some time to look at KR Party, the 360 headset mic might, or a USB mic might work for it. It's all about how MS emulated the 360 peripherals, and how well the emu profiles work for it.

johnscrub I will also try to find some time to make the Battlefront II TU installer for 360.

I'm trying to recover from 6 years of terrible chronic pain, and trying to get back to work (haven't worked in 6 years either) so I'm spending a lot of my waking time walking and job hunting. I like everyone else here deserves some fun and relax time (Skyrim right now) so please don't get too mad that I don't spend a lot of time on this project. It's not like it takes 5 minutes to make an installer, find images and music, test the installer on 3+ consoles, send it elsewhere for additional testing, rar, upload and share either. Very few people care any more, and out of those that do, most people just give me attitude or ask me to teach them to softmod, or how to unrar stuff. Sorry guys but those queries are a waste of your time as much as they are mine. I'll still continue to post updated installers as I can, but please don't bug me for release schedules or with pointless queries. Use google, or bing, or yahoo, hell use dogpile and do some reading. How do you think I learned to softmod? Please keep in mind too that whenever I ask for help, I also get the resounding sound of one hand clapping. Not one person offered to help with Amy's abandoned excel database for the DLC. Nobody even cared about this project (started in 2006 btw) until AFTER all the DLC was taken off xbox live in early 2010.

12. hobojoe44

hobojoe44 Active Member

Yes I'm well awear that connection problems can cause issues, and the various versions of UC2, but I tested it with another person with a actual retail copies, not some BS Demo or review copy, that was over 2 years ago on Kai.

As for Mechassault 2 it was tested within the same time period (about a 15 minute time span on Kai) between the 3 of us in a private room, it just doesn't make sense for it to be a connection issue when the 2 of us had the title update on we couldn't see each others game, yet once we disabled it we could.

I'll try again with both games on XBSlink when I get the chance in order to narrow it down once and forall.

13. PDust

PDust New Member

Hi everyone. First off, thank you Harcroft, for all your hard work over the years. You rarely find the dedication that I found in this thread over this long span of time, especially for faceless people on the internet.

That said, I have a somewhat unique issue, and I was wondering if anyone here knew of a workaround. This is my last option; I've already scoured the internet as best I could before bothering you fine people here.

My Phantom Dust DLC on my unmodded 360 is corrupt. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is a license issue. There is no sign of corruption in the file, but the game refuses to load it (which breaks my gamesave, since I cannot play it without the DLC). This only happened after I sent my 360 in for repairs, and they sent me a refurbished one back. Anyway, is there anyway for me to extract the DLC from your installer (I want to guess that they are the .dat files in the content folder) and just swap them with the DLC files on my 360 HD using Horizon or Xtaf? Alternatively, if it IS a license issue, does anyone know how to fix that?

Thank you so much for your help!

PS: hobojoe44, are you the same hobojoe from xbox-phreaker? :O

14. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

PDust your issue isn't the DLC itself. Your DLC files are likely 100% fine. The problem is the license. Your DLC as downloaded from live needs to be signed, the signature pairs the DLC to the console and the hard drive it's stored on. When Microsoft returned a console to you, it wasn't the same console you sent them, so your licenses/signatures are invalid.

The solution is to delete the DLC and redownload it from xbox live. But...the xbox live servers for xbox1 are gone forever. So your only solution is to run a homebrew 360 and install/sign the DLC to that console with our installer, Or to use a modded xbox1. If it's absolutely critical that you play Phantom Dust on your retail 360, you could look into a dualboot solution to run a RGH just to reinstall the DLC, then go back to stock for normal use. Getting a modded original xbox would likely be cheaper though.

hobojoe44 you clearly have your mind made up and wont listen to any suggestions I have for you, so I'm not going to bother trying to help any more on the subject. I've used Kai just like you, in addition to XBC and XBSlink, hell I've even used Leaf and the only rock solid service I've used is XBSlink, probably because it's peer to peer and doesn't involve a 3rd party tunnel system (which adds to your ping to eachother a LOT). I've told you this before, but you may have forgotten: when I say different versions of UC2 I don't mean retail, demo, beta, leaks etc. I mean multiple retail releases. Different disks, different printing (I've had 3 different printings of this game IN HAND that react differently with different TU's) This once (ONCE AGAIN) why I included more than 1 title update on the latest installer, which was released long after your disconnection issue complaint. Don't think for a second that a disk released in a different region from you will have the same files as your disk. Some publishers do 1 worldwide release of the same game with a different silkscreen on the disk, but some do a different print for each region, and even a different print for different parts of the same region.

15. PDust

PDust New Member

Ahh, I thought as much. Thanks so much for the confirmation and the peace of mind. Now then, one final question. Is it possible to hex edit the contentmeta.xbx to skip the verification or modify the signature to accept my current serial number?

16. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

The only file you could edit to try to bypass the signature checks is the games main executable, default.xbe. Doing so would prevent the game from launching on your 360 though.

17. PDust

PDust New Member

Hm. Well, that's a shame. I guess my journey ends here.

Thanks again for all the help! I really appreciate it.

18. johnney5

johnney5 Member

Thanks for getting the collection together. Not sure if there is anything that you guys don't already have on these USA OXM demo discs, but I'll list the ones I have. If there is any DLC on them that you need, let me know. If you aren't sure if there is DLC on any of them, I can look through them to find out:

It seems like a lot of these have "Download Center" content...

Also, any plans to update the .torrent of these? I would love to get them all in one shot. Individual are OK too because I have a download manager, I'm just a bit confused as to if the .torrent has more content than the first post? I am guessing so because the torrent was added 4 years ago but there was some content added last year according to the post.

Thanks again, and hope I can help.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  19. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

All the links are there in the first post, click on the DLC you want and it will download.

[​IMG]

20. johnney5

johnney5 Member

Oh, I meant the ones that aren't clickable, like:

Edit: OK, now I just figured it out, the ones that aren't clickable are a more detailed explanation of what is included in each download link. My fault. Thanks.