Luca Zárate
New Member
- Joined
- Nov 11, 2025
- Messages
- 4
Hi everyone,
I am in the process of upgrading the hard drive on my Xbox 360 Fat. However, I ran into a major issue with my original 120GB internal HDD and I am looking for advice on how to properly recover my corrupt profile and save data.
What happened:
I recently detached and reattached my original 120GB HDD. When I booted the console back up, most of my profiles were missing, and the only one showing up is marked as "Corrupt Profile". Under System Items, it also displays "Corrupt System Item".
What I have tried so far:
1. I connected the 120GB HDD to my PC using a SATA-to-USB adapter.
2. I opened FATXplorer 3.0 Beta and successfully mounted the Content Partition.
3. I attempted to copy the entire Content folder to my PC's desktop. Windows managed to backup about 50 GB of data, but the transfer kept halting because FATXplorer threw several critical errors: ReadFileBytes: ... is corrupt (specifically naming elements like AvP4).
4. I hit "Skip" on Windows to back up as much healthy data as possible, so the main chunk is saved, but the corrupt sectors are preventing me from getting a 100% complete and clean backup.
5. I also tried looking for the Integrity Check / Toolkit View options in both FATXplorer 3.0 Beta and version 2.5.1 to repair the file system index, but the repair modules were either unavailable or not showing up for my drive layout.
What I am looking for:
My ultimate goal is to completely abandon this failing 120GB drive, but I desperately want to recover and fix the corrupted profile files/sectors first. I need all my data to be 100% correct so I can safely transfer everything over to a new 1TB drive via a softmod later on.
Is there any specific tool, command-line method, or FATX-compatible recovery software (like R-Studio configs or specific FATXplorer steps) that can patch, bypass, or reconstruct these corrupt sectors so I don't lose my main profiles and game saves?
Any guidance or alternative solutions would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
I am in the process of upgrading the hard drive on my Xbox 360 Fat. However, I ran into a major issue with my original 120GB internal HDD and I am looking for advice on how to properly recover my corrupt profile and save data.
What happened:
I recently detached and reattached my original 120GB HDD. When I booted the console back up, most of my profiles were missing, and the only one showing up is marked as "Corrupt Profile". Under System Items, it also displays "Corrupt System Item".
What I have tried so far:
1. I connected the 120GB HDD to my PC using a SATA-to-USB adapter.
2. I opened FATXplorer 3.0 Beta and successfully mounted the Content Partition.
3. I attempted to copy the entire Content folder to my PC's desktop. Windows managed to backup about 50 GB of data, but the transfer kept halting because FATXplorer threw several critical errors: ReadFileBytes: ... is corrupt (specifically naming elements like AvP4).
4. I hit "Skip" on Windows to back up as much healthy data as possible, so the main chunk is saved, but the corrupt sectors are preventing me from getting a 100% complete and clean backup.
5. I also tried looking for the Integrity Check / Toolkit View options in both FATXplorer 3.0 Beta and version 2.5.1 to repair the file system index, but the repair modules were either unavailable or not showing up for my drive layout.
What I am looking for:
My ultimate goal is to completely abandon this failing 120GB drive, but I desperately want to recover and fix the corrupted profile files/sectors first. I need all my data to be 100% correct so I can safely transfer everything over to a new 1TB drive via a softmod later on.
Is there any specific tool, command-line method, or FATX-compatible recovery software (like R-Studio configs or specific FATXplorer steps) that can patch, bypass, or reconstruct these corrupt sectors so I don't lose my main profiles and game saves?
Any guidance or alternative solutions would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!