1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Pokemon Aura Mew Distribution Cartridge Cartridge GBA Download [ENG, FRE, GER, ITA, SPA]

Discussion in 'Pokemon GBA Event Distributions' started by Professor Oak, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Deoxyz

Deoxyz Retired Preservationist

@King Impoleon
    That's really cool! I had no idea, it wasn't an obvious function like it was with the Zigzagoon. Does 10ANNIV do this?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. UnknownRespected

UnknownRespected Resident

Poor USA got a crappy direct-trade event that only lasted for 3 hours on one day, while Europe had this where multiple people could get the Mew at once and shorten waiting line lengths.

Unless the people handling the distributions didn't even know about it themselves, lol.

Deoxyz likes this.
  3. Deoxyz

Lol, I have a feeling the distributors probably weren't aware of the multi function.

But anyway, VBA seems it doesn't like linking to more than one game while using Aura/10ANNIV, but it at least seems to attempt connecting to two in multiboot mode, so I'll assume 10ANNIV has this feature as well. I can't test on real hardware at the moment, but someone likely will.

4. fabio00

fabio00 Well-Known Member

I can confirm that UK 10ANNIV also does it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And also 3 GBA´s just to confirm :P :

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  5. fabio00

Guys, one question.
    All the other distributions roms had a serial code in the file´s name (like "AGB-BUUJ-EUR" in the UK 10ANNIV) , that doesn´t happen with the Aura Mew file.
    It just doesn´t have one or is it not known?

6. UnknownRespected

It's a made-up serial code, because they don't have an official one (XXXJ-EUR isn't a thing, either.)
    "Officially" they're all considered Japanese roms, and both Aura Mew and 10ANNIV have the same serial.

fabio00 likes this.
  7. Invader TAK

Invader TAK Elite Member

Now I'm wondering if the US 10 ANIV distros could distribute to three games at once. I remember it being between two systems at the JAA stop in Chicago. Granted, we'll never know unless a US 10 ANIV ROM surfaces.

8. King Impoleon

King Impoleon Active Member

that's right, nobody knew about it and we had to stand in line for hours

even if 3 distributors can be seen here, but they only had 1 to 1 link exchange cable
    I think there were 4-5 distribution systems

Mew systems.jpg

They also had a distribution system hanging around their necks
    if the batteries were empty
    2006-065.JPG

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    InsaneNutter, Deoxyz and fabio00 like this.
  9. fabio00

Btw is there any photo of the US 10ANIV or JAA distribution? Just wondering how different it can be from the european one.
    The selection menu could tell someyhing about that.

10. Deoxyz

Not that I know of, I don't think so. But we're told there may have been a separate line for the Celebi, so I figure it may be it's own cart/rom. As for the other 20 pokemon, I'm not sure if they're actually all in one rom, or split with 10 on 2 roms. Maybe one has 10 and one has 11 to include Celebi(00010).

I think it was @Invader TAK who once told what he was able to remember from his first hand experience about the Celebi, but I can't remember for sure, nor where it was posted. If we get more stories from people who attended, it may help determine how many carts there were.

Between PotD(06808) and JAA(00010), I figure they're basically identical 10 ANIV rom( s ), only difference being the TID it generates.
    Edit: Also forgot the PotD Pikachu has Fly instead of Agility.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Invader TAK and fabio00 like this.
  11. Deoxyz

Adding on to what UnknownRespected said, AGB-BUUJ-JPN (10A/Aura), AGB-JPAJ-JPN (Aurora), AGB-AGBJ-JPN (BerryZig) are all generic serial codes. They weren't retail games, so they never bothered with unique stuff, hence why they're all -JPN suffix, and have generic names like -AGBJ- and -JPAJ-. I don't know what -BUUJ- could really mean, but since many roms are themselves official "romhacks" of 10ANNIV, that's why we see Aura Mew share the -BUUJ-. If you look in the Aura Mew hex, you can still see the 10ANNIV's UI menu select pokemon names listed. So more than likely all Aura Mew and European 10A variants are -BUUJ-, including "others" that we know use the same generation algorithm as 10ANNIV.

fabio00 likes this.
  12. King Impoleon

King Impoleon Active Member

Someone in Serebii forums speaks abot his JAA Event and the distribution Machines:

1)
    For the top 20, they obviously ask which ones you want, but the transfer takes pretty long and they can only do it one at a time, with a total of two times per game cart. For the Celebi, you may notice they have Deoxys and Celebi on their Gameboy screen, but they're told to give Celebi only, for obvious reasons. If you want a Deoxys, you better have good persuasion ski1llz. Actually, you just better be lucky for them to accidentally give you one, those guys are really hard to crack.

2)
    I was under the impression that they had separate cartridges for deoxys and celebi...
    I think I remember the cartridge that I looked over onto only had one option (Celebi).

fabio00 and Deoxyz like this.
  13. UnknownRespected

Even if Celebi was on the same cart as others, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd make a separate line for it just because of how in-demand it would have been. :P

14. fabio00

What Deoxys are they talking about? There wasn´t a Deoxys in JAA as far as I know xD

15. Deoxyz

I think the Deoxys they are talking about must be SPACE C Deoxys. It actually was a distribution for the 10th Anniversary, it just has it's own unique OT and was distributed at a different unique location.
    Either that, or an undistributed 10 ANIV Deoxys, which is pretty unlikely.

16. fabio00

So that means that if a 10ANIV cart is out there there is a chance to not only get Celebi but Space C Deoxys aswell :D. If what that guy said is accurate of course

17. Deoxyz

I just checked the OP of the thread King Impoleon linked, and it has a picture of the Deoxys received at the JAA event. It is indeed Space C as I figured.
    So yes, that pretty much confirms that 10 ANIV Celebi and SPACE C Deoxys share the same rom, really interesting information! (Assuming their facts are correct)

18. fabio00

Having both on the same cart is really nice but there is a bad side too.
    If they were the only ones in the cart and if the cart had been used in Houston Space Center then the security was tight for someone to steal the cart. And also if they only gave Deoxys in Space C and Celebi in JAA it means that unlike the european 10 ANNIV rom there were maybe less carts :(
    That's why it's rare/non existent in collector's hands...

19. UnknownRespected

I would tend to believe that, in the context of that thread, they wouldn't really have had a reason to lie about the Deoxys.

It would have been a lot more suspicious if someone showed up 10 years later claiming they got a Deoxys at JAA. :P

Invader TAK and Deoxyz like this.
  20. Deoxyz

Since this rom is unique and can create savefiles, I decided to mess with a save for a few minutes in a hex editor. 0x4 is the main value which determines the distribution counter. Once you pass 255(FF), 0x5, 0x6, and 0x7 are also there for the distro count. 999,999,999 is the max. It appears to reroll to 709,186,972 instead of 0. Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems like a totally random number.

[​IMG]

If changing the counter's values doesn't work the first time, it seems I initially needed to also set 0x24, 0x29, and 0x63 to 00. I haven't figured out what causes this, but it only seems necessary with an unedited save. I was just killing a bit of time and don't figure on looking too hard into all of this.