Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. satgi

satgi New Member

I want the 500gb hdds.bin please

2. Rick

Rick Moderator

There is no 500gb hard drive sold for the xbox 360. You can only use the full 500gb on a jtag or rgh modified xbox 360 console.

If you want to use the 500gb for a non modified xbox 360 console, use the 320gb bin file and keep your undo file.

satgi likes this.
  3. satgi

satgi New Member

Thanks, I read in another forum that there was but I did not even fully believed

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If a 500gb drive was ever released for the 360 Hddhackr should support it, but until then were stuck with 320gb sadly. (Or 250gb in my case as I don't see the point in upgrading from 250gb to 320gb)

5. mati

mati Member

Hi,

thanks for the great guide. I wonder if anyone else have had problems with slowness. Mine Xbox started to be really slow yesterday and haven't found any solution. Is it my harddrive that is going to broke or is there any solutions? I have clear the cache.

6. InsaneNutter

The Xbox 360 is very slow with a full large hard drive sadly, i believe this is because the 360 scans everything on the hard drive each time you load the dashboard. I dont think all the rubbish like adverts from Xbox Live help either. But yup my console is slow and has been for years, the hard drive is fine though.

7. mati

mati Member

This is new to me. I can install games and search files from the hard drive. Xbox sees it but everything is working in slow motion. It stucks every now and then. Games dont work as they should work.

8. InsaneNutter

Oh thats not normal, i certainly dont have that problem. The dahsboard is just slow to navigate for me at times but thats all.

Do you still have that without the hard drive in the console?

9. mati

mati Member

No. If I change the hard drive or try without additional drive then everything seems to be ok. So it is the 320Gb drive that is some how corrupted or something like that. Just wondering if I can do something for it.

10. mati

mati Member

By the way, is it safe to connect that drive with my computer and format it. Will Windows recognize it? I would like to make scanning if there is bad sectors or something like that.

11. Rick

Rick Moderator

It's not safe to format with pc after the drive is hacked.
    Try this first and see if anything has changed.
    Format it in system settings > memory > hard drive > press Y > format (you will lose all files so backup)

12. Skeleton

Skeleton New Member

So.. can you guys at least say if you're using a 7200rpm drive or a slower one?

13. InsaneNutter

5200rpm drive here, there is no real difference between 5200rpm and 7200rpm. Someone posted a comparison a few years ago if your willing to read through 59 pages of this thread to find it.

14. Skeleton

Skeleton New Member

I'll try and find it, but I guess I'll get a 5200prm then, I'm not that picky about loading speeds anyway (if it's indeed a small difference). Thanks!

15. Szczygi

Szczygi New Member

Welcome, I got a problem, when I'm trying to flash my wdc wd2500bevs-22ust0 by hddhackr. This is a problem: Write protect error writing drive C Abort, Retry, Fail?
    The USB with MS-DOS is not write-prottected, I tried it with floppy disk too, but it's the same issue. Those switches are turned to off.

16. scottishriver

scottishriver New Member

please someone help i am getting error message can't save drive firmware for later restore i have tried everything but keep getting the same one can someone please help there is a nice cold pint in it for whoever helps

17. Rick

Rick Moderator

Reformat the usb drive.

18. Faint

Faint New Member

I recently bought WD Scorpio Blue 320GB HDD (it's one of the models listed in the OP) so I can switch out my 360's 20GB. Everything has been working so far, the only problem I get while attempting this switch is Xplorer360. Every time I launch it (as admin) and click "open>memory card..." my whole system freezes. So far, it has done this consistently on my main PC (64bit Windows 8) and on a 32bit Win7 partition. I've looked everywhere for an answer to this and I can't find anything about why it freezes/crashes my system. Please, help.

19. Rick

Rick Moderator

Sometimes the program will freeze when it's loading the contents of the drive. Which hdd is having problems?

20. scottishriver

scottishriver New Member

sorry for sounding stupid but hoe do you know that you have a western union hard drive mine says hitachi will that work thanks