Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. codealpha

codealpha Member

Redrustler,

I got to work. Here is what I did, I first copied the Hddsshackr 1.22 file to the usb then I opened the Hddsshackr 1.22 file and copied the hddss.bin (mine was the 250gb) out of the Hddsshackr 1.22 file to the usb. See if that will work for you and let me know. There are plenty of people having the same problem.

2. DeanDMX

DeanDMX New Member

I’m about to buy all the things I need, but I want to check i’ve got everything straight first. I’m getting:

WD 2.5" SERIAL HD 250GB WD2500BEVT OEM drive
    StarTech USB 2.0 to 2.5/3.5 inch SATA HDD Docking Station

Can this hack be performed over a USB docking station?

3. redrustler

redrustler Member

i will give it a shot when the wife wakes up for work. i wonder if there is a difference if you copy to instead of just dragging and dropping into the usb

4. redrustler

redrustler Member

I am on the laptop with win 7 now just for the heck of it i downloaded hddhackr and the bin.file and hackr doesnt seem to work on win 7 but it does seem like i can drop the bin file into the hackr file , which would explain why when you type the command it would say file not present. Because it wasn't inserted into the actual hackr program . .So the bin file was just sitting there

cant wait to try it when i can get to the desk top

5. redrustler

redrustler Member

so if this turns out to work for me , raptor here i come , LOL

6. codealpha

codealpha Member

Redrustler,

Just so you know, I did leave the usb loaded with all the folders just as you have in your picture and added the rest of the stuff as explained in the above. Good luck

7. redrustler

redrustler Member

ok here are my step by step i just did

re downloaded the hddhackr zip to my usb

redownloaded the hddss.bin zip to my usb

unzipped hddhackr inside the usb

unzipped the hddss_250gb inside the usb , then renamed it to hddss.bin

i then left clicked and dragged the hddss.bin and dropped it into the hddhackr

a little black screen opened for a split second and i seen a bunch of info on the screen but it closed to fast for me to read it

i then shut down my pc , connected the hard drive , booted from dos

typed in this exact way , hddhackr

selected my drive , this i typed f to flash

then it asked for me to type the sector name for 16,22 and i typed hddss.bin in this exact way

and it said file was not present STILL , LOL i am going nutzz

8. codealpha

codealpha Member

Redrustler,
    I did not drop the hddss file into the hddhackr folder If you unzip the 250gb hddss onto the usb with all the files you have in your picture it should ask if you want to overwrite the hddss file, I answered yes. You do not need to rename because it should have written the file into the existing file. And yes, the Hddhackr.exe and the Hddhackr folder were both on the usb. Hope this will work for you.

redrustler likes this.
  9. redrustler

redrustler Member

I got it working :))))))))

So i guess extracting it to your desktop then moving it to your usb messes with the file some how?

well i Formated it in my console , reinstalled my cod mw2 , recovered my gamer tag

and everything is still working good , now lets hope i dont get banned8-)

Thank you for the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. codealpha

codealpha Member

Your welcome. Glad it worked:) I hope others get a chance to read this, as I see on pages 4 and I think 16 or 17 they were having the same problem we were having.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  11. pauln241

pauln241 New Member

reubenb04 if you read my post which is above yours, you will see I got the ATA error "No ATA identify possible" I found by using sata ports 0 & 1 this drive worked on my motherboard (it would not work on any other ports). In Bios mode this worked using legacy & IDE normal modes.

So if you are getting the "No ATA identify possible" I would try all your sata ports & any of the sata modes you have in your bios.

12. slindborg

slindborg New Member

oh this is really getting on my man boobs lol

I can only boot from a CD (or hdd but I dont have any spare at the moment) as my mobo wont allow USB memory sticks to boot. I dont want to go buy a USB FDD drive.... There HAS to be a way to tell hddhackr to NOT write a damn undo.bin file, surely?

I've even tried in 'manual' mode and got the partitions made, but havent flashed the firmware

please tell me there is a way to force it... I've tried >:NUL and NUL and >NUL etc but nothing

13. kronwhon

kronwhon New Member

Hey guys, awesom tutorial Insane, thank you!

I will be trying this next week, but don't like wasting hard drive space. When finished, I would like to use the orig 20Gb drive as an external USB drive. Anybody come across a bin file used for "undo-ing" the SS sector on the original drive, to be usable on a PC?

14. maraxion

maraxion New Member

error

Hi.
    Great post, its the easiest iv found enywhere online.
    I did hit a snag doh.
    My disk is an wd1200bevs-07lato which I think is usable? Downloaded hddhackr and the files for 120gb and started. Found the hdd on 0x8440 but when i tried to flash i got: "western digital vendor intro failed on port 0x8440"
    I tried to just make the partitions and that was sucessfull on the same port.
    Any ideas?
    Also the hdd is not new, it is old and still has files and ntfs on it. Wil that be a problem?

15. faxmonkey

faxmonkey New Member

I'm looking for a misplaced undo.bin. Can someone please post a
    WD1200BEVS-16UST0 UNDO.BIN? I want to give this hard drive to a friend but it's missing partition 2 for xbox 1 games.

Just upgraded from the 120GB to 250GB.

16. reubenb04

reubenb04 Member

"No ATA identify possible"

Hi Paul, am using a laptop and have had no luck at all. I tried a pc using sata ports 0 and 1 still nothing.
    Anybody having the same issue "No ATA identify possible"?

17. reubenb04

reubenb04 Member

Hi all, what do you do if using a laptop whose bios has no option for disabling AHCI?

thanks in advance

18. Sanek

Sanek Member

Virus

Please tell me, where can i find unvirused version Xplorer360 for 60G HDD? That which is found on 1-st page, has "Worm.Win32.Bybz.atr"!

19. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Its a false positive, there is no virus in it. It is completely clean.

20. Sanek

Sanek Member

Ok, i trust him.)
    But Explorer 360 no want to open partition3 on my original HDD 60G. (
    Please explain me where i was wrong?