Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Sanek

Sanek Member

Guys, help please!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

3. Sanek

Sanek Member

I try it before, but with him another problem (( - folders Cache & Content in partition3 consist folder "000000000000000" each of which occupies 60GB. It's abnormal with whole 60g Hdd!!!

4. QuantumFluxx

QuantumFluxx New Member

So I'm having a problem with a 250gb scorpio blue drive that was manufactured in jan 2010.

When I attempt to flash it, it all works and detects fine, until the actual flash process. First its unable to send the drive vendor code, requiring me to brute force it and cycle the power to put it into 0x50 state. But after it begins the flashing and states that sectors 16-22 were rewritten successfully, the thing fails on trying to save an undo file.
    So as such it doesnt finish the flash process, and if I reboot and start hddhackr all over again it states that its still a WD2500BEVT drive.

Here's an image of what I see:
    [​IMG]

I've retried this over and over with no success, and the 360 won't recognize the drive. Using the option to partition 0/2/3 doesnt matter, as I get the problem regardless.

5. kronwhon

kronwhon New Member

Quantum, manufacture date is not the problem, I just finished that section with WD2500BEVT with manufacture date 22 jan 2010

I'm just getting ready to take apart the orig drive. Just finished moving all my game saves to USB drive.

6. Sanek

Sanek Member

Guys, help please!

7. kronwhon

kronwhon New Member

Worked great! Thank you!

One little hitch. When I tried running Xplorer 360, I got an error message. It said my OS was missing MSVCR71.dll . Quick fix by downloading it from another forum. I won't list it here, but keep in mind NEVER download dll files from a source that is not completely trusted.

Thanks again.

8. TilliK

TilliK New Member

Okej! So i followed the guide to the letter.. On my cmputer the "WD2500BEVT" shows up as a hitachi harddrive.. but when I plug it into my xbox360 it dosent show?! whats the fricking problem?

9. llbts1

llbts1 New Member

I have the exact same problem. Would appreciate a solution on this also.

10. TilliK

TilliK New Member

okey.. so this what happened.. i was all frustrated that my hdd dident work.. so in a last desperate try.. i went to my old computer.. that dusty old fella in my basement.. plug the computer in, and than my hdd.. plug the flashdrive in a usb port and did EXACTLY the same thing that I been doing on my newer comp. got te exact same screen text.. nothing diffrent at all.. but when i plug the flashed hdd into my xbox just to be sure it dident work this time either.. and *plopp* there it was! 228free gb on my xbox! wonderful!

i still dont understand what the difference was but who cares? it works fine now!

so if you have the same problem as me.. try to do it on another computer =)

best regards
    TilliK

llbts1 likes this.
  11. llbts1

llbts1 New Member

Thank you for the reply TilliK. Tried it on another computer and it worked like a champ. Thanks for the response. Glad it worked for you and now me! You made my sons and my day. :D

12. smurf

smurf New Member

same problem??

I am also having exact problem

13. smurf

smurf New Member

I am having same problem please help

I have tried this on 3 of my other pcs and still same thing except the only one that actually lets me get to flash stage wtf and doe s any body answer back
    Ive been trying this thing for 3 days now it looks easy as hell but wont work for me

14. reubenb04

reubenb04 Member

Hello. Hddhackr v 1.22 displays status 0x51. Am not sure what this error code means. where am i going wrong. Everything seems to work perfect upto "And do you want to create partition 0/2/3(Y/N)" where i say Yes and and then comes an error *western digital vendor intro failed on port XXXX ......*
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please help.

15. Rvca

Rvca New Member

Works Great! Three minor, yet easily fixed issues.

This worked out great. I had three issues that were easily solved though.

The first issue, I couldn't open up/view anything in Partition 3 on the original HDD. What I did was backup the whole drive to my PC (Mind you I have a 60GB 360 HDD, but my PC has a 1TB C drive so I have room to do this) and opened the backup image using Xport 360 (google the download or check earlier posts). I then saved the Content folder to my desktop and imported the files to the new HDD using the drag and drop in Xplorer 360 250 version.

The second issue was my installed games. They were on the HDD but they weren't being recognized when the game was in, meaning the disc would still spin. Easy enough to fix, just deleted the installed game and reinstalled it and it worked like normal. Probably would have taken less time saving the Content folder if I deleted them before doing all of this.

The last issue, which is more annoying then a real issue, you have to re-update xbox 360 dashboard and game updates.

Excellent Tut, saved me ~80 dollars. :)

P.S. Western Digital Blue OEM is probably the best deal you can get (anywhere between $45-54 US)

16. reubenb04

reubenb04 Member

InsaneNutter, can you please help. Am really stuck.

17. Rvca

Rvca New Member

Maybe you should give a little more detail as to what your issue is rather then a vague "help i'm stuck" post. There are probably others reading this thread that can help solve your problem.

18. reubenb04

reubenb04 Member

Status 0X51

Hey, my problem is the "status 0x51" error quoted above.

Am grateful if anyone can help.

many thanks.

19. American Ninja

American Ninja New Member

This is the best tutorial I've seen to make your own 360 drive. Literally took a couple of minutes, and that was only because my onboard sata didn't see the drive. Switched over to my VIA sata card and presto, saw it right away. Thanks!

20. lanken123

lanken123 New Member

Can I do this on windows 7 64bit?