Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Hudson187

Hudson187 New Member

I'm having a problem hacking a 500gb WD blue drive. I was able to hddhackr it successfully and create partitions with hddhackr, however when I connect it to the Xbox (arcade white version), it does not see it. It will see it though when I connect it with a transfer cable. Any suggestions?

2. thehatedone

thehatedone New Member

Hi,

Can someone help me understand this

I have flashed, created Partitions as well as trued the Hex Workshop Method. None were recognised. My Harddisk version is WD5000LPVX-75V0TT0. Has anyone been successful in doing so with this model.
    When connected to PC I can use it as a normal Harddisk with drag and drop. When accessing through Xplorer 360 it shows 3 empty partitions. Trying to Create or copy anything in these partitions results in nothing. It stays blank.

It shows as Hitachi and also shows a changed serial number. I don't know what else to try.. Looking for some guidance from the experience people here.

3. thehatedone

thehatedone New Member

Hey can you confirm what the Intellipark setting must be ??

4. Kingpow Xxvii

Kingpow Xxvii New Member

iv Seen lots Of Post talking about WD5000LPVX-08V0TT5 its been made in april 2014 iv been successful at EveryStep , flashing the sector Creating Partition And Trying Different Dump .BIN File 250-320-500 But Xbox Doesn't Recognize It Can Some One Tell Me What I Should Do and Its New So No Neep To Tell Me to Scan it [​IMG] any Solution please

5. Rick

Rick Moderator

You might have to create partitions using hddhackr.

6. Kingpow Xxvii

Kingpow Xxvii New Member

iv done that already

7. ARB82

ARB82 New Member

Success with the WD5000BEVT-00ZAT0 just a ball bag moving 120gb of games, saves and other such stuff via a 32gb pen drive!!

8. thehatedone

thehatedone New Member

Is it normal that the Serial No does not change and only the model no changes.. I have tried Hex Workshop (shows the changed serial number) but Hddhackr shows the orginal serial number with dropping of the initial characters ? Is this one of the reasons why the Xbox is not recognizing the harddisk?
    Any help would be appreciated

9. Rick

Rick Moderator

Is there any other sata, ahci options in the bios. if so try to undo the drive then rehack it.

10. kurmit

kurmit New Member

Hi,

I have bought a WD5000LPVX can anyone confirm that this model work?

11. kurmit

kurmit New Member

I have now tried to get this to work with the hddhackr but I always got "no ata device present" or it dont find the HDD (I have it plugged in with a usb-sata adapter) can someone please help me how to solve this? Do you need to attach it with the computer directly to a SATA (I dont have a laptop) or how do I make this work with USB-SATA device?
    Under bios settings I only got IDE/Raid as a alternative also, should I choose IDE?

12. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Yes, this will not work with any sort of USB / Sata device.

Yes you also want to select IDE in your Bios.

13. kurmit

kurmit New Member

Thanks for the help. I now got a old 320gb to work in my xbox so this was awsome. But I dont get my 500gb to work for some reason. Its a WD5000LPVX and it says that the flash has been successful and everything. But the Xbox is not able to find it :( I got the computer to find it like normal.
    So got any solutions for this?

14. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Thanks for a great walkthrough InsaneNutter

Quick question, what is needed to backup an existing 360 drive? I'd like to create a full backup of my existing drive for , not copy data to a new drive (recently I started to hear the dreaded HDD click sometimes, experience says it's best to make a back up ASAP).

If I make an image backup of Partition 2 as instructed, and also save the folders Compatibility and Content from Partition 3, is that enough to restore the drive using the instructions in the original post? Or is there a better way, for example will simply using dd to make a full drive image work if it's later restored to a different but same sized drive? Any advise would be appreciated!

15. Notaclue

Notaclue New Member

Can anyonegive me advise on hacking a 1 TB WD Element external hard drive for an Xbox?

Unfortunatelythere were no Xbox 360 hard drives able in stores just after Christmas and myson needs one to play his new game. I was told that I could use a WesternDigital Element 1 TB external hard drive as they were both Microsoft products. Ibought this and it didn’t work, I was told I would have to format it orsomething like that, then I saw this link but I see the biggest it does is 500GB, please advise whether and how to do it for 1 TB, I am desperate as I’vepaid for the 1 TB and can’t afford tobuy anything else for a long time. Thanks for your assistance.

16. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You can use the 1TB drive by hacking it with Hddhackr as described in this tutorial, however you will only be able to use 500gb of space on the drive. If a 1TB drive was ever released by Microsoft for the Xbox 360 then you could flash a 1TB security sector at a later date and use the full storage capacity of the drive.

17. kwakumensah

kwakumensah New Member

xbox 360 slim

Thank you for this great guide. I am new to all these stuffs. I actually have a Xbox 360 slim with 250Gb hard drive. I bought it last year and it was said to be modified i.e. it can read copied cds.I used to play mainly fifa 14 and when the fifa 15 came and i needed to play the copied version, the console gave me that an update is required. Eventually, I cannot go online to update and a friend offered to update. As a result he actually installed freestyle dash 3 on it. I cannot read any Cd original or copied.
    My question is can I use your guide to hack the existing 250Gb hard drive of the xbox. will the cd read again. and the kinect which was working previously can it work again? Thank you in advance for any advise you give.

18. garysa34

garysa34 New Member

Hi, having a bit of trouble when I boot from the usb, boots up fine but when I type in hddhackr and press return the options load and then scroll through so I am left with a blank screen. Anyone know if I can scroll back up or change the screen view? I guess I could grab a shot with a camera before the options scroll out of view but I was hoping there is a simple fix. I am on a dell desktop running vista. Thanks

19. garysa34

garysa34 New Member

Sorted it with phone camera still. Worked great on a WD5000BEVT.

20. MrMcMoist

MrMcMoist New Member

Hello. I need help with my xbox 360 slim 250GB HDD.

I took it out of my xbox for a few tests and formatted it so it'd be compatible with other operating systems. now when I go to put it back, it doesn't work. I've tried using this method but it gives me an error code...

Is there anything I can do or this HDD gone for good?