Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Rick

Rick Moderator

Yes.Backup anything you need then, undo the drive & run hddhackr with the 320gb bin.

2. Leyzi

Leyzi New Member

Need some help. Got a WD scorpio blue 1600BEVT that won't work. After I've flashed and partitioned the drive with HDDhackr with both 1.30 and 1.25 build my xbox says that the drive is unformatted and wants me to format it. After formatting it the xbox still says it's unformatted and I've reflashed the drive to normal and quick formatted it to NTFS and tried with 1.25 build instead but same problem. I did the same process with a Scorpio 1200BEVS which worked perfectly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

3. Rick

Rick Moderator

4. piewackete

piewackete New Member

im having a problem, i copied all the files to my usb drive and i can boot into it but typing hddhackr dosent do anything, the cursor blinks but nothing happens im using a laptop im not sure if it makes a difference i also trired doing it on 3 diffrent laptops and all the same thing

5. Rick

Rick Moderator

Did you complete the dos on a flash drive step?
    edit: did you change the bios to boot to your flash drive

6. piewackete

piewackete New Member

yea i can boot from the flash drive but typing hddhackr nothing happens the cursor blinks but i cant do anything but turn the computer off, i have tried redoing my flash drive several times, tried 3 diffrent computersw and i have 2 diffrent hard drives that are exact matches a 250 and a 120 and same thing, i even tried a diffrent usb drive

7. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

Post date 08-12-09, 00:33
    ???

8. Rick

Rick Moderator

Does the computer show the msdos text when you boot from the flash drive?
    Try typing in hddhackr.exe

9. Josh_1

Josh_1 New Member

Hi,

I have searched high and low for a solution to a problem i have with my original xbox 360 elite 250gb (hitatchi) hdd. The problem i have is that when it is inserted into my xbox 360 it pauses on the welcome screen and takes forever to read from it. I've removed the hdd and used another 20gb hdd from another xbox and my console reads that speedily, tried the what i think damaged hdd in another 360 and get same problem so think its good to say its the hdd gone faulty.

I can't seem to find if its possible to some how restore my hdd back, loosing all my data, but still the xbox can read it. I've read alot about buying cheap hdd and upgrading your xbox, but my hdd is plenty big enough and i just want it back working. So things i've done:

-Tried to clear the cache on the hdd
    -Backed up my data <16gb onto a usb disk drive
    -Tried to format the hdd using the xbox 360 dashboard

All to no avail. So the hdd is now empty of data,yet the problem remains, i did think perhaps it maybe a game save gone corrupt or something of that nature, but with the hdd wiped the problem remains, and just to double check this i've booted the 360 with the usb disk drive in and it boots all my game saves,profile etc no problem.

So, as i am unable to find a full solution to a problem that matches mine, i ask do you think this problem can be resolved and how?

N.B. My xbox is now out of warranty (is 18months old) so don't want to be charged for it to be fixed by MS. I've got all the tools to open up the hdd.

Many thanks and appologise if this is the wrong area to post, but as the guide on the 1st page is so thorough and the responses to this topic the same, i guessed this was the best bet of me getting a solution.

Many many thanks

Josh

10. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It sounds like the hard drive you have at the moment is failing, if you have formatted the hard drive in the MS dash then its empty. I cant really see anything else you could do it

Cheapest fix would be to hack a new hard drive to work on the Xbox 360 and swap that with your hard drive currently in the enclosure.

11. Josh_1

Josh_1 New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to look into doing that then.

Cheers

Josh

12. winactive

winactive New Member

Did this work? I also have a 160GB BEVT - do you have to make it a 120GB or will the full 160GB be available?

13. Rick

Rick Moderator

You would need to use the 120gb file.

14. winactive

winactive New Member

Cheers for the prompt response :)

I now have the same problem.

hddhackr cursor just blinks - thumb drive boots correctly, hdd is detected in BIOS and AHCI is off (IDE mode). I am using the 1.30 build and the hddss.bin (120GB version) on a 160GB BEVT. I am now running the WD DLGDIAG 5.19 to full erase the drive.

Laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742 BIOS v1.26 - I notice there is a v1.28 BIOS just released, might upgrade to this if full erase doesn't work.

Tried both these approaches and neither have shown any progress. FYI the chipset in this laptop is the HM55(Ibex Peak-M SLGZS(B3) BD82HM55) uses port 0x3048 according to DLGDIAG 5.19

I can say that making the flash drive using the FreeDOS system files has successfully allowed the flash to take place.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
  15. switch625

switch625 New Member

Hi, if I have a 500Gb WD Scorpio can I use the 320Gb HD security sector file?

Also I'm assuming there's no way to use Hitachi/Toshiba hard drives?

16. Rick

Rick Moderator

switch625 likes this.
  17. switch625

switch625 New Member

Thanks Rick, will have a read and give it a go :)

18. m00nster

m00nster New Member

Wd3200bekt undo.bin

Hi,

HDDHACKR worked like a charm, with only one exeption. It didn't create the UNDO.BIN for my drive, even tho the program told me it had been.

Is there anyone with a UNDO.BIN for the WD3200BEKT drive, please send it to my mail, I will be sincerely greatful!

Since I cant post my email, please send me a PM and I'll get back to you asap, thanks in advance sir!

Drive: WD 320GB Scorpio BLACK

Kind regards...

19. Karina Padilla

Karina Padilla New Member

i know you guys might have heard this alot of times but does anyone have the undo.bin for a WD5000BPVT-22HXZT1 if you do please send it to me i have been banging my head and how to undo my hard drive to upgrade it to a 320

20. nutspur

nutspur New Member

Hi, I am a real newbie to the forum (found it through google UK) and in awe of you guys and I hope that you can help me out.

My 13 year grandson and a friend tried to back up and transfer content from a 20gb xbox 360 hard drive onto 2 xbox 360 hard drives 60gb + 120gb using a Datel Xport 360 hard drive dock. They didn't read the manual first so didn't see the warning about the security hash key and have overwritten and corrupted the 60gb +120gb drives which are not seen by their xbox 360 consoles any more.

I have opened
    my grandson's 60gb HDD shell and it contains a Fujitsu MHY2060B and I think that I can follow this guide and use a USB flash drive, hddhackr etc on my Dell Dimension 5150 desktop but I don't know where to find the right HDDSS.BIN file for a Fujitsu.

I haven't opened the 120gb shell yet but I don't think it will be a WDC drive either.

Can anyone please provide me with a link to HDDSS.BIN files for official retail XBOX 360 drives? Thanks.