1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Theme Hospital [Full Version Download + Multiplayer Patch + Windows Vista/7 Support]

Discussion in 'Games' started by CurlySteve, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Theme Hospital Junkie

Theme Hospital Junkie New Member

I just downloaded and installed the game as instructed, and everything in the game is fully functioning on my Windows 7 Dell laptop. However, the graphics in the main menu are off-colored, and when I play the game, the graphics are the original game colors, until I click to build a building or place something in the hospital (radiator, plant, etc), then the screen is multi-colored. What resolution should I change my computer to to get the game's original colors to show correctly?

2. Ningu

Ningu New Member

For anyone having the mouse lag problem:

Playing Theme hospital on my Dell laptop with Windows 7 64 bit, the colours would go wonky periodically, but the biggest pain was the mouse lagging and jumping around which made gameplay nigh on impossible. My bf fiddled with the compatibility settings in Properties (by right clicking hospital.exe in the hospital game folder) and finally arrived at a situation which allows for normal mouse movements.

I have attached the screenshot and hope this might help someone else in the same situation. But then again it might be down to trial and error and what works for me might not be the case for you.

Attached Files:

InsaneNutter likes this.
  3. MATT88

MATT88 New Member

Hi I have just downloaded the Game and had a lot of trouble getting it to work! I followed everything that was previously posted on here but I am still having a couple of troubles.

I have a HP G72 Laptop The one with a 17.5" HD Screen and runnning Windows 7 x64Bit.

The problem i'm having is I get to about half way through the first level and the game crashes. I then have to reload and start from the beginning! (Very annoying)

Second problem is the Colour on the game. It is pretty much perfect when playing the game but a few pink purple lines around objects and when reading a fax on the Fax machine is very blurry!!

I did have problems with the mouse drag but i have sorted this!

Anyone have any Idea's????

4. nurizx

nurizx New Member

what i could do if i already put the \ in notepad but it still doesnt work?
    and why my patch didnt work? im using windows 7 with 64 bit

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Were is the game installed to?

6. marko20vg

marko20vg New Member

i always get vres256 error and tried everything and get it to work. please someone help :(

7. Teeixe

Teeixe New Member

The mouse lagging problem can be solved just unchecking the compatibility mode.

8. elizabethhull

elizabethhull New Member

I'm pretty sure I've followed these instructions, but it comes up with Language set-up failed, which I can then only click ok and exit. I extracted to C\hospital\ but didn't specify a language as that only seemed to be required if I put it somewhere else. Please could you help ?

9. Wade William Cardilini

Wade William Cardilini New Member

Exact same problem mate. followed the instructions to a tee, read everybodys posts, added the "\" and everything, Nothing works. Also the patch wont work on 64 bit,m but it was run before it was uploaded, so no worrys there.
    i think we may have been victim of a troll:/

10. Denver

Denver New Member

Well! I dont see what the problem is. It can be a bug in the computer or somthing.
    Because I have win7 64bit, i7 processor, 8gb ram, etc etc.
    And the game runs perfect here. Ive had some mouse lag issues at the start, but i fixed it with administrator and win xp service pack 3 compability.
    Just try to disable the visual themes and all that in the compability settings.

11. bernga

bernga New Member

For those having problems, or just don't like the current outcome (due to more modern tech), there's always the open-source implementation , CorsixTH. It's not feature-complete and it does have a few bugs here and there (the game is still very playable however), but it at least lets TH work well on modern OS's, even non-Windows ones. The color is fixed, for starters, and resolution can be set to any value, plus custom maps can be used and made using the bundled map maker. https://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/

12. Alidai

Alidai New Member

DOS Box? - Solved

So I installed the game and everything worked. However, the colour (As described above ^^^) is off, so I decided to try it in DOS-Box. When I try to open it in DOS-Box, it reads "This program cannot be run in DOS Mode".
    Does anyone have an idea what to do in order to get it to run in DOS Mode? Or how to fix the colours?

Thank you

Win 7 64Bit i7 Processor Dell

*****EDIT*****
    I downloaded h ttp://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/downloads/list and used the original file mentioned above to play, it works great!
    Thank you for uploading guys!:D

13. Alethium

Alethium New Member

Hey, I downloaded the game, and got the same color problem. After toying around a bit, I seemed to find a solution for window 7 users. You have to make your taskbar a solid color, then you wont get the strange colors. For my friend this doesn't work, so he made his desktop backround one solid color and that did the trick for him.

Anyways thanks for the game. Also! First post :D

14. simonlau44

simonlau44 New Member

anyone have color fix?

15. clareee65

clareee65 New Member

Hi, I have just downloaded this (I have Windoes 7) I have extracted all files and put them into a separate folder, and changed the path in Notebook (and yes, I put the \ on the end) and it is still telling me I need the CD rom. I have also put it as 'run as administrator' and in windows 95 but not working. Would appreciate any help, thanks.

16. Casey Chapman

Casey Chapman New Member

The patch file does not work...

17. InsaneNutter

There is no "patch file" in this download?

18. Dustmuz

Dustmuz New Member

hello..

i dont know if this is just me or its my computer.
    i can run the game itself, but i cant run the patch.
    it says that its not compatible with my OS. i use win7 ultimate X64 Danish
    i have tried compatible mode with 95, 98, XP and vista. but none of that works.

19. InsaneNutter

The game is pre-patched so you dont need any other patch, it should just work.

The reason anything like that wont run is because its a 16bit application, 64bit Windows can not run 16bit apps.

20. lanvin

lanvin New Member

I've read through all of the posts and followed the directions in the first post but I'm still getting the CD missing error - not sure what I'm doing wrong