Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. philthy

philthy New Member

Thanks rick550! Worked like a champ!

2. Itsmr1

Itsmr1 New Member

hey guys great guide, i just did my drive 320 scorpio black last week and it works like a charm, the only issue i had and i see some others have it is that the tutorial tells you to change the HDDSS_250GB.BIN name to HDDSS.BIN. the thing is rename it to HDDSS not HDDSS.bin because i ran into that issue that i couldnt flash the file because it wouldnt find the file. after i renamed the file to just HDDSS it found the file and i was able to flash it, sorry if this came up already i just wanted to share with everyone

3. Elston

Elston Member

Well, I'm having problems with my 320 GB drive. It was working fine for several weeks until yesterday when some of my DLC was unavailable and then a game I had installed to the drive would not start. Now the drive is showing as unformatted. It's a WD 320 BEVT, should I try to RMA it or is this some other problem?

4. Rick

Rick Moderator

undo the drive
    then do a full format using windows & do some drive checks
    rename your undo.bin to undo.old.bin
    run hddhackr again

after that see if you can install your games/dlc

5. vszero

vszero New Member

Help

someone can help me I have a hard drive 250 gb wd scorpio blue BPVT series manufactured in 2011 and I canĀ“t flash it what I can do.

6. Rick

Rick Moderator

is there some type of error? post more info.

7. harney

harney New Member

Works a treat ;-)

Thanks insanenutter your the star ....

8. silentsnow31802

silentsnow31802 New Member

I have a 250GB Hitachi HTS545025B9SA00 hard drive I removed from an old Xbox 360 after it red ringed on me. I put it in my new slim Xbox 360 and just the other day it started failing. Saves were corrupting and it was locking up. I removed it and formatted it on my PC and now the Xbox 360 wont even see it. I was wondering if this tool would work on it? I havent been able to find any info about using it on an Xbox 360 other than these tools designed for WD drives.

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Other people have tried using it on official Microsoft drives and had no luck with it i don't believe.

10. kyubinoyoko

kyubinoyoko New Member

nice guide, so im just wondering how can i put some games on the harddrive? do i have to put it again in my laptop?

sorry for a noob question^^ i hope you can answer it

and thanks for the guide

11. Rick

Rick Moderator

you can install games from a disc but the disc is required to play, and you could download games from the marketplace that you paid for

12. fragilityV1

fragilityV1 New Member

I got a friend who could sell me a Western Digital Scorpio Blue WDBABC3200ANC 320 GB, similar specs to the BPVT/BEVT, but I wasn't able to find a reference if this would work as an Xbox drive. Has anyone tried this drive?

13. Rick

Rick Moderator

i dont think it would work,but you could try it

14. MauleR

MauleR New Member

I did this a few months ago on a 320gb hard drive when the 320gb flash wasn't available. So I used the 250gb flash, was wondering how I should go about getting it to the 320gb flash.

15. Rick

Rick Moderator

backup what you want on the 320gb hard drive
    undo the drive with the undo.bin file and then move or rename it
    run hddhackr with the 320 bin file and create partitions
    format in xbox 360
    copy partition 2 again

16. tomcat383

tomcat383 New Member

I know that a llot of question were asked about this , but can i still play XboX live without getting banned ? as for 19/10/2011 .

17. Rick

Rick Moderator

i was online today with my hddhackr drive

no one has been banned for this

Dark Scyth likes this.
  18. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

So far there has never been an official statement about ANYONE being banned, so the short answer is no. If for some odd reason Microsoft did start banning for this (which I doubt they even have a way of telling) the thread would be updating saying so.

LOL Rick beat me to it. :P

Rick likes this.
  19. tomcat383

tomcat383 New Member

Thanks allot for the help and the quick answers :D

20. Robert de Clair

Robert de Clair New Member

Hello.
    1st thanks for tutorial. is really clear :) ofcourse if someone use exact discs :)

Prologue:
    I was think like this - 1st i must buy 500gb bevt and use 320hddbins, so when m$ give us 500GB disc i can make undo for 320 and make my 500gbbevt fully functional 500gb disc with future 500gb hddbins ;)

I was bought a 500GB bevt and i was prepare it with latest hddhackr as 320GB drive.
    I juest connect my original 250GB hdd for partition 2 dump and there happend a terrible thing. my original drive is now doesnt recognised by X360
    I can explore it under windows (with explorer360 extreme 250GB edition) but i dont know is my files are corrupted or not, because explorer360 extreme 320gb edition make my 320gb disc corrupted every time when i run it (even if i only restore 2nd partition by original x360 extreme - my 320gb drive make corrupted)
    I was try it wit my 2nd partition dump and with dump stored on tutorial. But there are no problem with emulatore because i have only 1 game (Fable) for 1st Xbox.
    Every time when a drive are corrupted i can do nothing because a x360 doesnt recognize any drive so i cant format disc by dashboard.
    Using again hddhacker restores a disc to life.

A problem is how to restore my original drive to work (hddhacker with 250hdddbins can't do this), or how to move data from 250gb to 320gb.
    I think i can send my 250gb disc as warranty reported but i have tons of dlc and saves. Any ideas how to move my files from corrupted 250 (but viewable under x360 explorer) to new 320 disc who is immune to any x360explorer edition (even 320GB edition make my disc corrupted and at connecting i have a error and unvisible 3rd partition)?
    May is kind of usb explorer so i can extract my data from 250 and copy to 16gb pendrive by some kind of software.

Really sory for my english. I hope you guys understand what i mean.