Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. robide

robide Member

I flashed my WD3200BEVT yesterday. As advised by gangadhartnl i used HDDHACKR 1.22. But i had an error occured at the end "bad or wrong....". So i flashed my HDD with the undo.BIN. I changed my HDDSS.BIN and used HDDHACKR v1.30. I works and i created partitions 1/2/3.

Now i have a new HDD in my XBOX 360 with 293go of free space. This amount of space is normal? Everybody who flashed his HDD has 293go left after flashing? Not 299go?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Yes that's normal, you will never actually have 320gb of usable space on a 320gb drive.
    The Xbox 360 has various partitions, taking the total free space down you can use for storage to 293gb.

3. Dmitri Kalinaitsev

Dmitri Kalinaitsev New Member

Got a problem!

My usb got a malfunction so i lost the UNDO.BIN :(((

I flashed to a 320, it showed as 293, i installed a game to it... then when i turned off turned on the Xbox didnt load. Only later i came to realize that loading was increased to a few minutes not normal seconds. Anyways reflashed the drive to 250, 302, 250 etc. etc. Anyways xbx sees the drive as unformatted, i press format but it stays unformatted after.

What can i do? also on hddhackr 1.30 says created partitions successfully but it never gives me the sign to turn of pc, halts there, 1.25 works ok for this. :S

Also it now sees my drive as hitachi for some reason XD when its a 3200BEVT WD

4. Dmitri Kalinaitsev

Dmitri Kalinaitsev New Member

Never mind i restored to a different WD Undo.bin than my drive missed 1 letter, in the name... now i guess its bricked and gone right?

5. RaptorHunter

RaptorHunter New Member

I'm trying to hack my new 320 GB WD3200BEVT Drive

When I try I get this error that: the "LBA size in unsupported" even though the .bin lba matches the drive lba

I tried to go ahead anyway and it failed.

See Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/xYVEu.jpg

Now when I try again I get the "Reading sector 16 failed"

What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

6. edlimym

edlimym Member

i managed to flashed both my BEVT and BPVT. both having the same 'so called' error message but i went ahead and flashed them. flashed successful. i amusing hddhackr ver 1.30 and via 6421a pci card.

7. billyjimbob243

billyjimbob243 New Member

So when im using the usb tool, where is the usb boot drive files folder supposed to be located at?

8. Rick

Rick Moderator

look below

9. legndkilla8

legndkilla8 New Member

Just talked to M$

Me: Hello, I just have a quick question. If I was to use a 3rd party HDD in my xbox 360/360S or was to use software and format one to work would I get banned from XBL? M$s prices are a little steep for a HDD.
    Kristina: I can certainly understand wanting to shop for the best deal, I love getting bargains myself. However, for best performance, I would suggest going with a 1st party hard drive. Ultimately, it is up to you. The hard drive will not cause you to be banned from Xbox Live, but there could be unforeseen issues.
    Me: Thank you for you help

So as you can see M$ support says you won't get banned.

10. n3mur1t0r

n3mur1t0r New Member

Hey there, just used this tutorial to hack a WD3200BPVT with the HDDSS320.bin and HDDHackr v1.30, worked like a charm, so thanks a lot InsaneNutter. I was just wondering, is there any chance that I may use my old 20GB Hitachi HTS541640J9SA00 x360 HDD in a PC? Is there any way to format it to FAT32 or NTFS?

11. Rick

Rick Moderator

yes.just connect via sata or sata to usb and use disk management to format it (this will probably render the drive unusable on any xbox 360 console)

n3mur1t0r likes this.
  12. n3mur1t0r

n3mur1t0r New Member

Great, 10x!

13. RaptorHunter

RaptorHunter New Member

I found a third computer and it worked like a charm.

The guide should mention the fact that if you BIOS doesn't give you the option to change AHCI to IDE then it probably won't work...

14. billyjimbob243

billyjimbob243 New Member

I mean i don't have that choice... a window show up where i have to go save the file too. Or to re-word my question: Where on my computer is the "usb drive boot files\ ms-dos" folder located at on my computer? It's not on the jump drive so i have no clue where it could be...

15. Rick

Rick Moderator

this is my location of the files extracted yours should be with the .exe of the usb program
    [​IMG]

16. Specter

Specter Elite Member

very nice guide

> can i connect the SATA hard drive directly to the console? because i dont have xbox360 hdd

17. Rick

Rick Moderator

for xbox 360 slim yes for the xbox 360 white console you need this (it will work on all hard drives)

Specter likes this.
  18. Specter

Specter Elite Member

thx buddy, i didnt expect they sell hdd shells.

so i get one and load it with a laptop hard drive of any capacity! looks good

19. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

id advise you get slim hdd shell thou as sata connector can become loose as its not correcty fitted

20. Specter

Specter Elite Member

i'll take ur advice is consideration, thx :)